Fort Tent Site Cost/Availability-And now GC questions

I believe the group tent area is first come first serve, but I think it costs much less than a partial.

Maybe one of the boy scouter folks could answer that.

Group camping has a min. of 20 people @ $10 a head. = $200 a night. OR ​10 people min. @ $20 a head. = $200 a night.

It's one of those, still $200 a night...lol

I'd agree that it depends on when you show up - time of year and maybe even more so day of the week. It seems that weekends are the toughest to book in general, but if you showed up on a Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur on a non-holiday week and were willing to take what you could get, I'd be willing to bet they would find a place to squeeze you in.

ETA: cost will depend on the time of year and what level of site they give you. Could be anywhere from 40-50ish a night on up to 80+. If it's around a peak time or over a weekend, expect it to go up - about $5 more for weekends, could be a LOT more for peak rates.

Thanks everyone.

I was reading somewhere else that tent sites were cheaper. Never thought about it being a group rate.

Going to keep my preferred site for the location, but will probably end up tenting due to the short trip.

Judy,

Nope, Tony is making this trip.

Partial hookups are generally referred to as "tent sites."

They are the cheapest loops running somewhere in the $45ish/night range for value season on up. But there are only 2 loops (1500 & the infamous 2000).

Add about $5-10/night for each "step up" in site classification (depending on time of year/day of week) from partial/full/preferred/premium.

If you've already got preferred booked, a partial would be about $10-$20 cheaper per night (again depending on time of year/day of week).

Group camping has a min. of 20 people @ $10 a head. = $200 a night. OR ​10 people min. @ $20 a head. = $200 a night.

It's one of those, still $200 a night...lol

WOW! I had no idea those were limited to a minimum of 20 people. Good lord, that's an expensive piece of grass!

WOW! I had no idea those were limited to a minimum of 20 people. Good lord, that's an expensive piece of grass!

Yep. Which is why you see groups taking over the 1500 and 2000 loops instead. You can put 20 people on two partial sites (and a lot of them squeeze in a few extra) for half of the group rate. Plus you get electricity and water, which you don't get at the group camping area.

TCD

30 dollars difference between preferred and partials.

I was going to keep my preferred for the location, but at 30/night that will pay half a Disney cart rental.

Thanks for all the good info. Obviously, my original source sux.

Looks like we will be tent camping to save mileage on the RV tires and fuel cost. Will save ~150 by driving the car vs the RV.

Sav goes to the spa though.....BOO.

30 dollars difference between preferred and partials.

I was going to keep my preferred for the location, but at 30/night that will pay half a Disney cart rental.

Thanks for all the good info. Obviously, my original source sux.

Looks like we will be tent camping to save mileage on the RV tires and fuel cost. Will save ~150 by driving the car vs the RV.

Sav goes to the spa though.....BOO.

This is why, more often than not, you will find the TCD gang in a partial site.

$30 a night adds up.

TCD

That just about pays for a Disney beer.

Ya see what I did there? :))

OH @#$%, I don't know if my cooler will fit in the trunk. :panic:

And I ain't paying for Disney beer! I can't afford it! :beathorse: :flush2:

I might not be going to the Fort after all........ :banghead:

Could you pack something into the cooler for the ride, like the tent or clothes or towels, then once you get there, put that in the tent and make a Wally World or Publix run for beef and other refrigerated items?

I could, but then the tent will be in the cooler that dosen't fit into the trunk........

:rofl2: :flush2: :rofl2:

OK, can you put a hitch on the car and borrow one of those gates that sits on the hitch? Like this: http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Hitch_Cargo_Carrier-sf-Flat_Carrier-pc-Fits_1~1%7C4_and_2_Inch_Hitch.aspx

We have one you could borrow, but I don't how to get it to you that wouldn't cost $$$.

OK, can you put a hitch on the car and borrow one of those gates that sits on the hitch? Like this: http://www.etrailer....Inch_Hitch.aspx

We have one you could borrow, but I don't how to get it to you that wouldn't cost $$$.

Or spring for a disposable cooler when you get to FW, and maybe pass it to another fiend when you are leaving?

OR borrow a cooler from a fiend once you get there?

Marty, I was just joking.....If it was a real issue, the solution would be to turn the trunk into a cooler. :jumpforjoy

And instead of borrowing the cooler, I would borrow the cold beer. :clint: