A bit of off-season pixie dust at HDDR!

Trying to save a bit of money, I booked Category 3 tickets for the Hoop-Dee-Doo on our recent trip.....cheapest seats, in the balcony, off to the side. We did the Tuesday, December 4 show at 4:00pm, and *everyone* attending was put in Category 1 seating!

Imagine our surprise when we ended up with what I think are the best seats in the house.....center stage, about half way back! The show was great, the food was excellent, and there was a lot of interaction with the cast, because there were only about 20 tables filled for that show.

The nice thing with an early show is that you can still easily make it to the campfire, singalong and movie afterward!

• 2 weeks later...

You should never ask me for pictures---I'll post way too many and take forever to do it, lol! Here are a few from our night at the Hoop-Dee...

Yes, it's the mat outside the door!

DSC_4742_zps26cc8118.jpg

And the garland outside

DSC_4744_zpsd4da42a9.jpg

Excuse this guy's head, but this is where we sat...in the center center, with no one to the side of us or behind us.

DSC_4682_zps95f926a4.jpg

From the show...

DSC_4688-e_zps20efaf23.jpg

DSC_4689_zps55a295de.jpg

Chorus line kicks!

DSC_4691_zps1a5c976e.jpg

Not because I want to show off our half-eaten food, but look at the empty space behind us!

DSC_4702_zps55a2ae8a.jpg

Six Bits was hilarious---I liked him so much!

DSC_4707_zpsa3de799b.jpg

The ladies--all awesome!

DSC_4708-e_zps82b3df08.jpg

The guys---also awesome. Johnny Ringo was an amazing dancer, and the other one (whose name I forgot) an amazing singer.

DSC_4709_zpsa8bc7f5e.jpg

These two were a riot together!

DSC_4714_zpsa2390739.jpg

Loved the banjo player so much

DSC_4715-e_zpsd39ea879.jpg

I didn't remember the servers having to go up on stage, but that was fun to see

DSC_4725_zps59d57119.jpg

Our server didn't appear to be having the time of her life, but she was trying :) She was also from very close to our hometown, so it was fun to chat with her.

DSC_4728_zps8332876c.jpg

I pretty much loved everything about this show!

DSC_4730_zps62daf29d.jpg

DSC_4740-e_zps3315451e.jpg

If you have a chance, go see it!

I love, love, love the HDDR. We always do the BYBBQ too and I agree that it is too expensive to do both. Especially since we have to pay for children, as adults, who are not even able to eat. I love the show and all the characters. Always love the music.

I tried to get our BYBBQ reservations changed to a later date (from December 25) so that our granddaughter and niece could attend with us. There were no openings at all. They did have openings for the HDDR so I guess it is not as popular as the barbecue. We enjoyed the barbecue but it was not a barbecue at all.....Christmas day they served turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, brown gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (delicious), steamed green beans, fresh salad, corn bread, dinner rolls, cranbetty sauce and cranberry salad, vegetable soup, hot dogs (served on another table near the drinks), usual drinks and ice cream. Oh and pumpkin pie. At least Ken said it was pumpkin (I did not eat any) so it could have been sweet potato. lol

It was good but I was really looking forward to their wonderful ribs. And our Shawnee LOVED the cornbread dressing. We did not think he would ever stop eating it. That's our boy! :wheelchair: