I had to come to Minneapolis yesterday for a meeting this morning. As I hit town I hit the 12+ inch snowfall they got over the weekend. Took me 45 minutes to go about 5 miles through the downtown "rush" hour. After checking in to the hotel I drove down the street to get dinner, and looked out to I-94. After dark, in the middle of the evening standstill traffic, and with temps in the low teens and snow/ice on the roads, I saw someone pulling a 30' travel trailer.

I'm dedicated to the cause, but I believe I would have left that where it was for a few days.

Not no but omg-are-you-kidding-me NO.

I don't cross the Mason Dixon after Thanksgiving. When my husband called me one night in the middle of January in Montana complaining because snot froze in his mustache, I decided that's not a place for me.

That's just because you aren't sure where the snot would freeze, not having a mustache.

My MH is allergic to snow :)

Our MH's snow allergy is MUCH better since we both retired as of 6/1, and its spending Winter 20 minutes from the Fort instead of buried under snow in Wisconsin for 6 months. (DH's snow allergy is much better also - he had elevated despising Winter to an art form...)

• 3 weeks later...

When we pulled out to head to the Fort in November there was snow on the ground from the night before. It wasn't much, and it was the wet stuff, but it was a slow crawl out of our neighborhood to the main streets, which were just wet.

We hit snow coming home one year in CT. I swear that state wouldn't know how to clear a road if you handed them a fleet of plows!

Made for an interesting couple of hours, but we crawled through it fine.

Now just don't talk to me about the freakin' wind....

Now just don't talk to me about the freakin' wind....

On our way home from the fort this year the wind was bad. Steady 30 mph winds with gust more then that. Head winds weren't to bad our new truck would still pull through them 75 mph but wind from the side would sure slow me down.

We had that on the way down last year. It was bad enough that even the tractor trailers were slowing way down. Given it was our first trip to the Fort after our accident, we were both white knuckling it - even DH and he wasn't driving!

This year we had pretty decent steady winds all the way from NH to VA, but it was nowhere near as strong, and there weren't a lot of gusts. Still stressful driving, but it helped that it was during the day, the roads were dry and the traffic was light.

Going through Alabama my phone starts making this loud noise. It was a tornado warning in our area, it was pouring down, and we were in the middle of trees and couldn't see a thing. At least it was day light. But the wind does make for more stressful driving. You get tired a lot faster when the wind is blowing.

Oh no we don't...there's not enough rum on the planet to keep me in that passenger seat. We hit the same winds last fall that Mo hit and I was already quizzing the kids to make sure they knew the number for 911. Don't even want to think about hauling in a snowstorm... :panic:

On our way home from Disney this year we hit the edge of a tropical storm/ hurricane near the Florida state line. A suden gust of wind hit the drivers side of the MH so hard it felt like being hit broadside by a small car. It pushed me to the shoulder so fast I thought we hadbblown a tire or broken something in the suspension. I never left the pavment but upon inspection the side of the trailer was covered with mud from the side of the road.

I forgot to mention the snowstorm/ice mess we came through in TN two years ago. (maybe it was three)? The ice had frozen on the freeways near Nashville and it was like driving on the bumpy part of test track, for miles and miles. We came up to an accident on the north side where three people died after sliding and falling off a bridge. We beat the ambulances there. They closed the road and I ended up having to back the 32 foot RV with the 20 foot enclosed trailer up on that ice. The cops didn't think I could do it, but I just told them I'm from Minnesota, this is a normal day.