We haven't been to the fort for halloween for the last three years. But I had the fog bubbles and 25 carved pumpkins. I was Martha Stewart'd out.

Yes I start early. I'll be adding to the pumpkins this year. I'm already patrolling ideas for the campground. I thought about sitting on top of this but if somebody else can bring the hitchhiking ghosts to life, I'd be just as excited. I think I'm going to do the dancing ghosts, using two or three dresses and a few masculine forms. I'll give the hitchhikers a try. Tentatively I'll use this thread to document my Halloween trials and errors. :D

http://www.bedifferentactnormal.com/2011/10/chicken-wire-ghost-tutorial.html

Also, we live very rurally with a long winding driveway. No trick-treaters, no close drive-bys. We don't entertain large parties. I live voraciously through decorating our fort campground.

We decorate Christmas because those are lights you can see from the road. You miss so many tiny details in Halloween. Busted bird cages with ravens. Spooky lanterns. The lettering on headstones. Yeah… I love camping during Halloween. It's my favorite time. My inner-Martha comes out. :)

Oh, I love Halloween at the Fort too. We have ZERO trick or treaters in our neighborhood too. We LOVE handing out the candy to the kiddos at the Fort at Halloween.

I have the Halloween blowups myself. Mainly because I never have enough Round Tuits, and this lets me decorate my site at the Fort without much effort :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's not. :banghead: We're about to be washed off the continental US. Ever since I posted that, we've been rained out. Seems like it'll be a March/April project if it doesn't stop anytime soon.

The rain is here in GA too. We're flooding, and more is coming tomorrow. I can't remember what the sun looks like.

• 1 month later...

Well, I had put this up for a place holder and reminder. I have the Mardi Gras and WWW under me, time to get to work on our Halloween site.

I just saw this. Cute! Beach balls. I wonder if I could attach them to the front of our golf cart?

you obviously haven't thought this one through. they will either look like eyeballs or a big chest.... just saying