When we were there in January, thanks to Rhonda, we got AAA rates and they were around $60 (prefered) with tax.  I think that is a very good rate compared to some private CG we've stayed out.  The KOA in Wildwood, which is a DUMP was $40.

I am not sure if any of the campgrounds in the Wildwood/Cape May area are that good. We did stay at Sea Shell last year but wasn't too impresses.

We are going to try this place this year since it's in our home state.

http://www.lakekandle.com/

When we were there in January, thanks to Rhonda, we got AAA rates and they were around $60 (prefered) with tax.  I think that is a very good rate compared to some private CG we've stayed out.  The KOA in Wildwood, which is a DUMP was $40.

I am not sure if any of the campgrounds in the Wildwood/Cape May area are that good. We did stay at Sea Shell last year but wasn't too impresses.

They mean Wildwood, FL, not NJ, and Lake Kandle is ok, but it is a swim club for the township and gets very busy in the summer. Also isn't near the shore, about 45 minutes to 1 hour drive to certain beaches. I live in NJ as well, but camp out of state. Personally, most of the campgrounds in NJ cater more to the seasonal crowd and turn me off. Haven't been to any in Northern Jersey though. We love PA and NY for weekenders.

BTW, welcome to the site.

Best Regards,

Norm

Glad you found us, I saw that u were looking for us. Welcome

They mean Wildwood, FL, not NJ, and Lake Kandle is ok, but it is a swim club for the township and gets very busy in the summer. Also isn't near the shore, about 45 minutes to 1 hour drive to certain beaches. I live in NJ as well, but camp out of state. Personally, most of the campgrounds in NJ cater more to the seasonal crowd and turn me off. Haven't been to any in Northern Jersey though. We love PA and NY for weekenders.

Best Regards,

Norm

Ahh.

Any places you could suggest in PA. and NY are welcome.

We have been to Knoebels a few times and camp both their and down the road at J and D. We have also spent time at Timothy Lake North in PA at a Outdoor World and the one in Lancaster. The one at Timothy Lake has a nice indoor water park that the wee ones enjoyed, ok,...I enjoyed it too, their is nothing like a lazy river to chill in.  :rofl2:

We haven't been up to NY camping yet, but we have been thinking about it.

I think we are going to head to Cape May for a long weekend and maybe Lake Kandle. I live near Seaside and I just can't stomach the fact of a Snookie that might be creeping around.

We are also considering Williamsburg/Bush Gardens/Va Beach

and thanks for the welcome. :banana:

We are going to be at a big pet trade show for 4 days in mid March. I had originally booked FW, which is my heart's desire, but then I started thinking about what we would be doing for 2 full days and it was not Disney related so why pay Disney prices. For what 1 day at FW cost us we are staying at Turkey Lake for 5 days.  Not as nice, but we kept dinner ressies at Ohana and will do Epcot on Saturday.  I am booking in May which I think was less expensive.

I just wanted to say that I love your new avatar!!! 

Ahh.

Any places you could suggest in PA. and NY are welcome.

We have been to Knoebels a few times and camp both their and down the road at J and D. We have also spent time at Timothy Lake North in PA at a Outdoor World and the one in Lancaster. The one at Timothy Lake has a nice indoor water park that the wee ones enjoyed, ok,...I enjoyed it too, their is nothing like a lazy river to chill in.  ;D

We haven't been up to NY camping yet, but we have been thinking about it.

I think we are going to head to Cape May for a long weekend and maybe Lake Kandle. I live near Seaside and I just can't stomach the fact of a Snookie that might be creeping around.

We are also considering Williamsburg/Bush Gardens/Va Beach

and thanks for the welcome. :banana:

We go to Knoebels every year as well. Another routine trip is Gettysburg, we stay at the KOA out there and we also did Lancaster http://www.bird-in-hand.com/index.php/places_to_stay/stay_overview/country_acres_campground/ last year.

New York, we went to Watkins Glen/Corning area and stayed at Camp Bell Campground, campbellcampground.com. There is also Watkins Glen State Park which is really nice. Anywhere up in that area is nice.

My DD's (2&4) have fun wherever they are, so it's easy to please.

Best Regards,

Norm

Abagpiper5:

Glad to see you found this site. I am the person who sent you the PM on the "other" site today. I saw that you had questioned where the "regulars" had went to. I sent the hello from NJ note with my email address and had hoped that maybe you would drop a line. I figured I would then give you this site's address. Glad to see you found it anyway.

And, by the way..Welcome! :rofl2:

Best Regards,

Norm

Thanks for the catch Norm, should have incuded the state. Definitely WILDWOOD, FL.

It seems that not long after the first part of the year, Disney goes from Peak Season to Regular Season and completely skips the Value Season that used to exist from after Easter to about the 2nd week of June

You can check out my web page with Previous Years Pricing to see the pricing and "seasons" for several years.

Abagpiper5:

Glad to see you found this site. I am the person who sent you the PM on the "other" site today. I saw that you had questioned where the "regulars" had went to. I sent the hello from NJ note with my email address and had hoped that maybe you would drop a line. I figured I would then give you this site's address. Glad to see you found it anyway.

And, by the way..Welcome! :rofl2:

Thank you and the others for the Welcomes. :bday:

I am really enjoying creeping around this site. :wave1:

I did reply to your PM on the other site. :D

sorry for the short reply here. I'm am sneaking a peek at work right now.