put plastic UNDER the tent, AND some disposable plastic under that to just throw away at the end of the trip.

Air mattresses make sleeping nice.

Even if it's cool open a window!!!!! Need ventilation so you don't get yourself soaking wet just by breathing.

A tarp or awning at the entrance of the tent, so you can get out in the dry.

Chairs

Soak the tent material with "Stay-Dri spray" or some other waterproofing stuff.

And I should clarify, they are experienced tent campers, but want some Fort specific advice. For example, what loop should they request.

Carol- That is great advice about the disposable plastic under the tarp. Why didn't we ever do that when we tent camped?!?!?!?

Always have a backup plan. Years ago we bought a tent and went to the fort to celebrate my 40th birthday. Weather turned unusually cold (30 degrees at night) and we ended up sleeping in the suburban with no heat and using the tent for storage.

Thankfully we had a long extension cord with a power strip. Set up TV, cooler, coffee pot, etc., in the vehicle. Woke up around 2am each night and had to turn on the hair dryer to warm us up enough to go back to sleep.

From our recent trip:

Bring a whisk type broom or some other meathod to try to keep up with the sand in the tent.

A mat in front of the tent will help out with the above greatly.

We had originally booked a premium thinking planning on the RV. When we decided to the tent, the partials were full, the lowest site we good get was full. The 1600 loop was awesome. I would stick with 1600/1700 if they get a full site. The 1800/1900 look like they will/have/had water issues since they are so low lying compared to the others.

If they get partial, beg borrow or steal the 1500. Saw with my own eyes how the 2000 can be taken over by a group. Granted boy scouts this time, but I can only imagine a rowdy group and this family having to deal with it.

We took our ez up as well, and used it over the tent. Not necessary, but just gave us a extra sence of rain security since our tent hadn't been used in 4 years and packed in the attic for storage.

The new SuperCenter Walmart has a great tent supply section for repairs. We needed some seam tape and found it AND duck tape. Who dosen't need duck tape.

Keep the food out of the tent when unopened the squirls are bad. VERY aggresive.

Ice at the meadows or Settlement store is much better than ice our of the comfort machines. Frozen harder. Ice at hess is the same as the Fort, so you won't save money there.

2000 is actually great site wise for tent camping. The grill is off in it's own little corner of sand, and the sites are HUGE. 1500 is older and smaller sites, and trees can be in weird places and the grill can often be in the way. BUT they tend to put large groups in 2000 which can make for some loud night times and lots of kids roaming the loop wildly in the day.