New Interactive Quest at MK "A Pirate's Adventure"

From the Disney Parks Blog...

A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas To Debut At Magic Kingdom Park This Spring

posted on January 23rd, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Pirates, ahoy!

We’re happy to share here on the Disney Parks Blog today that a new interactive quest called A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas will debut in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park this spring. (And check out this great artist rendering that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us!)

poc102938SMALL.jpg

In A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas, guests will use a pirate map and magic talisman to help them complete five different pirate raids throughout Adventureland. The goal is to help locate different Treasures of the Seven Seas and fight off pirate enemies like the Royal Navy and Captain Barbossa, among others. If guests help Captain Jack succeed in all the missions, they’ll be welcomed as part of his new crew. If not, they’ll face the wrath of the cruel sea – alone.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information on this new experience. In the meantime, if ye be excited to embark on this new pirate adventure, say “Aye!” in the “Comments” section below!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/a-pirates-adventure-treasures-of-the-seven-seas-to-debut-at-magic-kingdom-park-this-spring/

I may be totally off base here, but I read somewhere that they are installing some more Sorceror's portals in New Fantasyland, so I'm guessing they are gonna retheme the portals in Adventureland to a Pirate theme for the Pirate's Quest

I haven't heard about the new portals, but it makes sense. If guests will be running around Adventureland for this pirate thing, then it makes sense to not have SOTMK portals too.

I also wonder why there aren't SOTMK portals in Tomorrowland. Wonder if some other kind of activity is planned for there?

TCD

I haven't heard about the new portals, but it makes sense. If guests will be running around Adventureland for this pirate thing, then it makes sense to not have SOTMK portals too.

I also wonder why there aren't SOTMK portals in Tomorrowland. Wonder if some other kind of activity is planned for there?

TCD

Don't know if they are done or not, but somebody posted a picture of the "ground stone" and said it was in New Fantasyland

TCD

Ok somebody is going to have to explain this "portal" thing to me. Have no idea what y'all are talking about. LOL

Yeah but with the princesses they are over and across different movies and what not ... with the pirates its just pirates there has to be other boy stuff they can use? 3 pirates things in one land all based off the same movie is a little over kill.. the tutorial, this new interactive thing and then the ride itself... but dont get me wrong everything is really princess heavy

• 3 months later...

Dress rehearsals have begun for A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas and will take place:

May 17 & 18 from 9am-7pm

May 19-30 from 9am-park close

Park admission is required and testing may be suspended or canceled at any time.  CMs are being encouraged to participate with their family and friends.

The experience will take place in Caribbean Plaza just past Pirate's Bazaar.  Participants will get a treasure map that will lead them on a quest through the land with Captain Jack Sparrow.  Adventures will include fighting off the Royal Navy, Capt. Barbossa, headhunters, curses and Calypso the sea goddess.

• 3 years later...

As part of a limited time offering, starting June 22, Guests who complete at least three of the five missions included in "A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas" at Magic Kingdom Park will receive a FastPass+ bonus for Pirates of the Caribbean. Guests will also continue to receive the "Collectible Treasurer Finder Cards" after completing each mission. The bonus FastPass+ selection will be given when they complete the missions and obtain the collectible card.

A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas is an interactive experience included with admission at the Magic Kingdom Park where Guests can join Captain Jack for a series of missions, which take approximately 20 minutes each. Guests can get started on their adventure by visiting The Crow’s Nest in Adventureland (located near the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction).

TreasuresOfTheSevenSeas.png

IMAGE: © 2016 Walt Disney World Resort. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/06/a-pirates-adventure-game-now-offering.html