Flame Tree Barbecue - Animal Kingdom

AllEars has posted a review of the Flame Tree Barbecue quick service location at Disney's Animal Kingdom...

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2013/01/flame_tree_barbeque.html

Some excerpts...

The big draw here is the BBQed ribs and chicken. These can be ordered separately or as a combo meal. These selections are accompanied with sides of baked beans and coleslaw.

Flame-Tree-BBQ-09.jpg

Flame-Tree-BBQ-10.jpg

For an additional charge you can order a side of French fries or onion rings. I highly recommend the onion rings. They are wonderful – unhealthy for you – but wonderful.

Flame-Tree-BBQ-11.jpg

The Barbecued Chicken Salad is also a nice choice. This bowl of mixed greens is full of slivers of barbecued chicken – a bite of meat on every fork. The dressing is light and the BBQ flavor doesn’t overpower. This is a refreshing choice on a hot day.

Flame-Tree-BBQ-13.jpg

There are also lots of great pics of the many seating areas - some of which are really nice with terrific views.

My favorite AK restaurant. Nice seating area too, although you may lose your group in it.

Best advice - don't grab the first available seating. If you wander down behind there's some nice seating near the water. Tends to be less crowded and the view is great.

Oh and don't worry about condiments - there's a station in every dining pavilion.

Oh one more... you can use TIW here and get 20% off.

OK, is something going on with Mo's avatar?? That is at least twice now that somebody has said I said something, and it was MO actually posting??

Maybe we're starting to meld into one super poster? :superhero:

Oh, and honestly the ribs don't look all that good. I don't like my meat "charred" on the outside. I have had Pulled Pork there before and that WAS good.

They're not so much charred. It's more a "crust" formed by the seasoning and drying out of the outside layer in the smoking process - it doesn't taste burnt at all, although sometimes it's a bit too much.

I think the ribs are pretty decent if you're in the mood for ribs, but I've had better at my local rib shack.

They use a dry rub which makes the meat appear overdone, but it's not.

• 4 weeks later...

We love Flame Tree. My kids love the chicken legs and I love the turkey sandwich on multi-grain bread with cranberry mayo...YUM!

The view is great, too. I like to sit by the water and watch Everest or if it is parade time, we sit up top and watch from there.

We love Flame Tree. My kids love the chicken legs and I love the turkey sandwich on multi-grain bread with cranberry mayo...YUM!

The view is great, too. I like to sit by the water and watch Everest or if it is parade time, we sit up top and watch from there.

South Jersey is not that far from Gettysburg( hint hint) I think you should consider checking out the Gettysburg Grand Gatherin thread.

:) I do LOVE Gettysburg! I'll be packing and getting ready to head to the Fort right around Easter. Can't wait!!!

Well that is a good reason not to come to Gettysburg, have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!