What are the check in and out times? Do they charge an early check in fee? If we get there early and our site is not ready, is there anywhere to plug into electric in the overflow area or should we prepare to be hot for a bit? (We're going in August). Or is there somewhere cool we can wait it out? thanks

you can check in anytime, they may make you wait till 7:30 A.M. though, there is no fee for early checkin. There is no place to plug in in the overflow. When you check in early, your site may be ready and they will let you in it, if not its the over flow for you. Once you check in you'll have all your cards and everything else, you could go to trails end and eat, get on a bus and go resort hopping or even go to the parks. If you have a trailer or 5er you could unhitch and go shopping is you need to, everybody loves to go to Walmart.

you can check in anytime, they may make you wait till 7:30 A.M. though, there is no fee for early checkin. There is no place to plug in in the overflow. When you check in early, your site may be ready and they will let you in it, if not its the over flow for you. Once you check in you'll have all your cards and everything else, you could go to trails end and eat, get on a bus and go resort hopping or even go to the parks. If you have a trailer or 5er you could unhitch and go shopping is you need to, everybody loves to go to Walmart.

Where's the closest Walmart? We always go to the win. Dixie just down the road from DTD? But it seems to be some what expensive.

to go to walmat go out of the fort and make a left onto Vista Blvd, follow that through the Maint yard to the light at 535 (Winter Garden Vineland Rd), make a right, follow 535 to the next big intersection, go straight through, it turns into Palm Parkway then turns into Turkey Lake Road, all without turning, the Walmart is on the Left down there.

If you are looking for a Publix go the same to 535 (Winter Garden Vineland Rd) and make a left, the Publix is about 4 miles on the left at Reams Rd.

You can either listen to a bunch of once or twice a year northerners or me.

The closest Walmart is not on Turkey Lake Rd, it's on Vineland Rd., SR 535 in Kissimmee.

It's the closest in both time and distance and you won't hit any DTD traffic because you don't go anywhere near DTD in order to get there.

Thanks I always leave the airport on the north side on hwy 528 but it looks like it might be shorter going south and taking 417(central Florida greenway) towards celebration). Is that faster to Walmart and then to bonnet creek?

It's actually almost exactly the same to that Walmart from OIA, but you do avoid I-4, if that's an issue.

Wait a dern min there old timer, to get to the one in Kisswhatever, I would have to go through the cross roads (traffic) go onder 4 (traffic) and past the Lady of what ever Shrine road (Holy crap traffic) then crazy drivers the rest of the way.

I will bet you, next time I am down there, we can get to my Walmart not only faster, traffic wise but I am close to betting its closer milage wise also.

Besides, Richie says there is a good pizza place off Turkey Lake.

Wait a dern min there old timer, to get to the one in Kisswhatever, I would have to go through the cross roads (traffic) go onder 4 (traffic) and past the Lady of what ever Shrine road (Holy crap traffic) then crazy drivers the rest of the way.

I will bet you, next time I am down there, we can get to my Walmart not only faster, traffic wise but I am close to betting its closer milage wise also.

Besides, Richie says there is a good pizza place off Turkey Lake.

That is incorrect youngin. You don't go anywhere near DTD.

It's Bonnet Creek Rd. to Epcot Center Dr., and then 535. You bypass DTD.

But if there is a good pizza place going to the other Walmart, never mind.

I go Vista, right on Bonnet Creek, right on Buena Vista right on Backstage, loop onto Epcot Center follow the signs to 417 and the airport, go over I-4 right on 535 and we're at Wal-Mar down on the right.

(edit)Just the way Lou said.

I don't go near DTD either, milage could be closer but either your way or mine, its still gonna take you longer, not withstanding the Pizza place makes it a no brainer.

Ask Richie where it is, you can check it out for us.