Perferred or full hook up sites?

The wife and I will be going to the fort for the 1st time in '14 with our 2 labs. I was wondering what is the differance in the 2 sites? If its really only the size of the slab you park on we are not sure it would be worth the extra money for us? We are planning on getting a golf cart so, being in say the 16-1700 loops compared to the 4-500 does not really matter to us. Actually we would rather the quiteness I read about being in the full sites. Thanks for your input!

Only difference between preferred and full hookup is location. Both types of sites are part pavement, part coquina pad, same picnic tables, same grills.

Preferred are loops 100-300 and are closer to the Marina/Settlement, while full hookup sites are 1600-1900 and are more towards the Outpost area.

Here's more more info and a map that might help...

http://www.fortfiend...sifications-r61

Following up on Mo's post, from your question, it looks like you're confused about the four different levels of sites available at the Fort.

You are asking about the difference between preferred and full sites, but then you ask about 400-500, which are premium, not preferred.

Take a look at the link Mo posted. That explains the four kinds of sites, the differences between them, and where they are located. After you look that all over, you may still have some questions, so feel free to ask.

TCD

• 1 month later...

Truthfully, the Premium site spoiled me. I knew I wanted away from the coquina, but I had no idea how much I'd enjoy the pavement. The first time it rained and then was dry quickly sold me. I didn't mind the Full Hookups on the last trip and I did like being close to the pool. I would say, however, that I don't personally think that they're "Quiet" by most standards. Quieter than the 2000 loop yes, but I thought 1300 was silent on July 4th. Can't say the same about 1600 in December.

The preferred loops seem small and tight to me. I know I'm not a great "backer-inner" anyway, but I'd never even attempt the preferred loops with our 5er. I'm always impressed when I see larger rigs in those loops! The full hook-up sites are nice and large. I prefer the premium, but would stay in a full in a heartbeat!