I'm pretty sure you can't guarantee it. You can request, but the probablility of adjacent sites is pretty slim.

I'm pretty sure you can't guarantee it. You can request, but the probablility of adjacent sites is pretty slim.

I would think it was possible, because Carol managed to get the WW all together. We did have one site across the street, but 3 next to each other.

We tried that in 2006. The two sites were supposed to be side by side. When we got there, they were not.

A not-so-happy CM did eventually move our sites (had to switch loops).

So, while it can be done, from my experience, it's not a guarantee.

I'm speaking from past experiences so someone may come along and let me know if something has changed. The way I've done it, and it worked, was to make sure the reservations were linked. At one time you could do it on your reservation online, but I've also called with both reservation numbers and ask that the other person's be linked to mine. They did the same and it worked.

I'd also fax a request in about 5 days prior to arrival with the reservation numbers and request that you be side by side. The fax request info can be found here: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/79-fort-wilderness-faq/ (Sorry I couldn't make it a link, but that toolbar isn't showing up for some reason)

If you get there and the sites aren't side by side, you can always request (pester) at the front desk to make it happen. I know we did that once at a value and it worked out just fine.

I'll wait for Carol to chime in. She's the expert at such things.

Oh, and welcome!

Ours were linked.

Unfortunately, it's taken until just recently to get our names and addresses unlinked from each other. >.<

We called multiple times, and each time they supposedly corrected it. Each time, mail was still sent to wrong addresses, etc. It was a nightmare.

I've had the same experience as Brent. Had the ressies linked and we had side by side sites.

Also when we returned from the cruise last week we drove around looking for sites before checking back in. 114 & 116 were open so I asked for 116. I was then told that there were two people traveling together and those sites were set aside for them.

Yup, definitely call reservations and have the sites linked, then reiterate about 5 days ahead with a fax.

Personally for two campers, I'd actually prefer two sites across from each other, then one camper is not looking at the "backside" of the other camper.