Making our first trip to the Fort. Check in next Sunday. I've read on here you can make loop requests. Have a few questions about that:

- For a check in on Sunday, what day could I request a loop?

- How do I do it - i.e., do I call them, e-mail them, fax them, what's the e-mail address or number?

- Any loop suggestions?

Reserved premium classification.

Using Disney trasportation to do Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, day off (FW pool, Downtown Disney for lunch, & Hoop Dee Doo for dinner), Epcot, & Magic Kingdom - all on different days.

Class C, 32 ft.

No toad or golf cart, just bikes.

No pets, slight preferance for a non-pet loop but not a big deal either way.

Prefer sites that are larger, shadier, & close to comfort station (not as a primary but as a backup).

Loops 1400, 1000, 900, 800 600 would put you within very easy walking and biking distance to the pool. 600 however does not have a lot of shady spots, many of the recently added sites are in the sun.

Request should be faxed 8-10 days prior to your arrival.

The fax# for the Fort is:407-824-3508

Date

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

Reservation#

SUBJECT: Site Request for (dates)

We are anxiously looking forward to our visit at Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and I am writing about campsite requests. We do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

We would truly like a site (add specifics near comfort station, pool, transportation etc)

Thanks so much for your help, and once again we anxiously waiting for our trip to the Fort.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Your name here

I've always been told to fax 4-5 days prior to arrival. I can't confirm the source, but the reason I was given is that much earlier than that you risk that your request goes missing by the time that the site assigner for your check-in day gets it. Like I said, I can't confirm any of that, but we always fax within that time frame and we've had great luck getting what we've requested.

FWIW we also call and make sure our site request is noted on our reservation - you can do that at any time. Phone numbers for reservations are noted on the Disney site as:

Vacation Package Booking

(407) 939-7675

Resort Room-Only Bookings

(407) 939-7429

And just because I've got my Content PoPo hat, on I'll tell folks that the info Dave gave above (thanks Dave!) can also be found on one of our Info pages...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loopsite-requests-r125

• 2 months later...

Sent my fax on Saturday, hoping it made to them okay.  Decided I would rather request the size and view rather than particular loop.  The extended cap long bed dually takes up quite a bit of space.

It is even prettier on the inside.  It has the Longhorn package.  It looks like someone threw up cowboy boots all over the place.  But the bestest part, the seats are heated or cooled.  Mama likes riding shotgun in this one way more than the others one we have owned.