• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It blew hard at times but nothing tornado like.

I know they said on the news there were rotations somewhere, but not being from here I have no clue where.

We use a pop up tent and it stayed in place but we did hear branches hit the top of the camper. It's still raining so we haven't gone out to inspect yet.

We're in little bear.

Have to wait for the national weather service to make a determination. I know here is Pa we frequently have high damaging winds, but if it is straight line damage, not a tornado. They look for specific twisting damage before they declare it was a tornado.

Have to wait for the national weather service to make a determination. I know here is Pa we frequently have high damaging winds, but if it is straight line damage, not a tornado. They look for specific twisting damage before they declare it was a tornado.

That would be me. I live here (Fort Wilderness) and have been through several Florida "tornados". Which are nothing like tornados to mid westerners of which I am. Grew up in IL and have been through several tornados growing up. Florida tornados do not even register on the F scale and can be mistaken for a strong thunderstorm wind. What  blew through the fort at around 1450 had all the characteristics of one and the local weather service issued a tornado warning for the immediate area, with funnel clouds confirmed moving east at 55mph.

We were in our camper at 1450 today in site 1449 and there were some intense moments but nothing like tornados in Ohio.

There were actually 2 tornado warnings and we didn't get the TV going until later than that. We don't use the TV so it took a while to get it running.

I say Devores gets final say here since he's a "local."

"At of 3:04 p.m., meterologists had detected a tornado on radar moving east through Port Saint John and Cape Canaveral in Brevard County at 55 mph. It had moved offshore offshore by 3:40 p.m."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20130324/ARTICLES/130329878?Title=Severe-thunderstorm-warning-issued-for-extreme-southeastern-Volusia

This is the same tornado that originated in the area of the Fort. The Fort is due west of Cape Canaveral. So it would make sense that it was a tornado that rolled through. If not a direct hit, close enough to be important.

The tornados here are nothing like the ones in the Midwest. That's why Im not too worried about them. They don't even register on the F scale. It did do a number on my easy up though. It was staked down and it is now a mangled mess of twisted metal and fabric.

We were in our camper at 1450 today in site 1449 and there were some intense moments but nothing like tornados in Ohio.

There were actually 2 tornado warnings and we didn't get the TV going until later than that. We don't use the TV so it took a while to get it running.

I say Devores gets final say here since he's a "local."

"At of 3:04 p.m., meterologists had detected a tornado on radar moving east through Port Saint John and Cape Canaveral in Brevard County at 55 mph. It had moved offshore offshore by 3:40 p.m."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20130324/ARTICLES/130329878?Title=Severe-thunderstorm-warning-issued-for-extreme-southeastern-Volusia

This is the same tornado that originated in the area of the Fort. The Fort is due west of Cape Canaveral. So it would make sense that it was a tornado that rolled through. If not a direct hit, close enough to be important.

Ah Bingo. Hey I think I saw a post between you and Amy Peterman. ( I live down the road from her) Didnt know you were a local also.

Well it looks like its clearing up nicely now. A mess for those camping I am sure! 

It did do a number on my easy up though. It was staked down and it is now a mangled mess of twisted metal and fabric.

No that was me. I was just trying to get your attention to come out and say hi to Buddy and got carried away. You never did come out. Buddy was very sad..

I did park in an empty site just a few up from you so that I could walk Buddy around, so I did walk by your site twice about 3 hours ago.

No that was me. I was just trying to get your attention to come out and say hi to Buddy and got carried away. You never did come out. Buddy was very sad..

I did park in an empty site just a few up from you so that I could walk Buddy around, so I did walk by your site twice about 3 hours ago.

I thought I saw you stalking my loop. I looked out the window and thought it was you but wasn't sure. Just saw you real quick. You know its too hot for that ski mask.

You know you can knock on the door. Or I could install a door bell if that would be better.

You know its too hot for that ski mask.

You know you can knock on the door. Or I could install a door bell if that would be better.

And putting that tiny ski mask on Buddy is a pain.

I figured you might be recouperating from a tough day on Main St.

Pressing that button over and over again for two hour stretches can wear a guy out.

That would be me. I live here (Fort Wilderness) and have been through several Florida "tornados". Which are nothing like tornados to mid westerners of which I am. Grew up in IL and have been through several tornados growing up. Florida tornados do not even register on the F scale and can be mistaken for a strong thunderstorm wind. What  blew through the fort at around 1450 had all the characteristics of one and the local weather service issued a tornado warning for the immediate area, with funnel clouds confirmed moving east at 55mph.

An EF-0 tornado is 65-85 mph winds and we have many of those in Ohio, but the ones you hear about are always the "big" ones.  Also the news just talked about the "Tornado" going through Orlando and that 30,000 people are without power.