Cap'n Jack's Dining Review - Downtown Disney

The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of Cap'n Jack's, located in the Marketplace area of Downtown Disney...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/03/24/review-capn-jacks-at-downtown-disney/

Excerpts...

chefs-special-lobster-roll-Captain-Jacks

Chef's Special Lobster Roll

clam-bake-Captain-Jacks-600x469.jpg

Clam Bake

clam-bake-close-up-Captain-Jacks-600x400

Clam Bake -- Up Close

key-lime-pie-Captain-Jacks-600x427.jpg

Key Lime Pie

I haven't. I've always heard bad things about it, and their menu doesn't look great to me. I LOVE seafood, but seafood is more than a couple shrimp, clam, and tilapia items. Where's the grouper? Mahi mahi? Crab legs? Lobster (other than a mayo covered special)?

When I think of a good seafood restaurant, I think of Newick's in New Hampshire... A nice plate of fried shrimp with fries and slaw... Fresh fish right off the boat prepared simply. Disney doesn't believe in simple preparation.

You should try George's in Galilee, RI. The boats dock right across the street and you can sit on the outside deck in the summertime watching the boat's come and go. I welcome the migraine I will get once a year just to get their Fish and Chips. 

The original Newick's is on Dover Point in between Portsmouth and Dover NH. Picnic tables, red and white vinyl table clothes, plastic utensils. It sits on Great Bay and the boats pull up to the dock to unload the day's catch. Probably like your place in RI.

Yeah but I am a Rhody boy at heart so mine's better. LOL