New Limited Edition Beer Steins at Germany Pavilion, Epcot

The Disney Food Blog is reporting on some new, limited edition beer steins available in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/04/01/fun-find-limited-edition-beer-steins-in-epcots-germany-pavilion/#more-79228

Excerpts...

Germany-Beer-Steins-1-443x625.jpg

Front and Back of First Stein

Resplendent in the colors of the German flag, the first stein depicts Disney characters against the background of the Germany Pavilion itself!

The second stein features a lighter color palette of tan, blue, and green, and depicts statuary and banners.

Germany-beer-stein-2-264x625.jpg

Second Beer Stein with Epcot Logo

I might have to add one or both to my collection.

$125 is a little bit high but the manufacturer, King-Werk is a Bavarian manufacturer and uses only German clay and their steins usually sell for $75-$175 each.

Dave I'd love to see your families stein. Please post a picture.

Dave I'd love to see your families stein. Please post a picture.

Will try to do so....but I'll tell you it is nothing pretty.  It is a very "utilitarian" stein.  You can tell it is hand made from plain clay, and even the pewter top is imperfect and the inscription was hand done.  That's actually more of why I love it...it is "real".  My family was working class for sure. 

Actually pre world war 1 with steins with real pewter lids are quite collectible. If it say "zinn" or "zinngefyy" or "zinngeschirr". On the inside of the lid it means it is real pewter. Is there a makers mark on the bottom and or the lid?

Here's one I bought 15 years ago in Mannheim Germany. It is a king-Werk. It's was a new stein at the time.

post-1743-0-19508900-1364851222_thumb.jp

I like em. And considering the cost of crap at Disney, the price is a bargain.

That price is way too high for me.  I'll keep an eye out for it at the outlet stores.

While we are talking about things that hold beer from Germany Epcot, I bought my wife one of those plastic take home mugs full of beer while we there there last month.  Thinking back we realized what a great deal that was.  It was only a few bucks more than the regular beer, and ended up being one of the cheaper souveniers we got.  I was thinking I should just start a collection of those.  Cheap, and useful for holding beer.  Anyone know of a site that has pictures of all the ones available and where?  

That price is way too high for me.  I'll keep an eye out for it at the outlet stores.

While we are talking about things that hold beer from Germany Epcot, I bought my wife one of those plastic take home mugs full of beer while we there there last month.  Thinking back we realized what a great deal that was.  It was only a few bucks more than the regular beer, and ended up being one of the cheaper souveniers we got.  I was thinking I should just start a collection of those. 

We have quite the collection of those from Food & Wine 2 years ago.  I think we gave away 4 and we still have, oh.... a dozen?  8)