New Artisan Ice Cream and Sorbet Shop Coming to France Pavilion at Epcot

From WDWMagic...

'L’Artisan des Glaces' is the name of the new artisan ice cream and sorbet shop opening this summer in Epcot's France Pavilion.

The new ice cream shop will be opening in the space vacated by the Boulangerie Pâtisserie bakery, which moved into a new larger area earlier this year. Opening in mid-June, 'L'Artisan des Glaces' will offer 16 flavors, all made in-house from fresh ingredients. There will even be versions with a shot of liquor served in a martini glass.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/lartisan-des-glaces/news/15apr2013-l%27artisan-des-glaces-brings-artisan-ice-cream-and-sorbet-to-epcot%27s-france-pavilion-in-june.htm

From the Disney Parks Blog...

We’re enjoying the new Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie and Monsieur Paul, the re-imagined upstairs restaurant at the France Pavilion at Epcot. But there’s more: look for the new L’Artisan des Glaces, Artisan Ice Cream & Sorbet to open by mid-June in the pavilion’s former bakery space.

pis738026SMALL.jpg

This delightful little shop will offer 16 different flavors – 10 ice creams and six sorbets are on the menu (still a work in progress). “Everything will be made in-house with the simplest, fresh ingredients – milk, sugar, cream, eggs and fruit,” says general manager Eric Weistroffer.

The frozen treats will be available by the scoop in cups or cones – and for grown-ups, there’s the option of adding liqueurs, says Weistroffer.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/hot-cold-cones-debuting-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

• 2 weeks later...

More from the Disney Food Blog...

L’Artisan des Glaces — Epcot’s French Ice Cream Shop Updates

The new ice cream parlor in Epcot’s France pavilion — L’Artisan des Glaces — will open in mid-June! Recently, I spoke with a General Manager of Operations at the France pavilion and found out a few great updates about the menu!!

Ice Cream and Sorbet Flavors

They’ll have 10 ice creams and 6 sorbets available. Varieties will change regularly and be served in either one scoop or two scoops with a choice of a cone or cup.

Flavors will vary and rotate, but standards will include chocolate, vanilla, pistachio, and — this one sounds awesome! – profiterole!

Details and Flavors for Liquor-Topped Ice Creams

Remember, you can also top your ice cream with liquor! If you choose the liquor option, it will be served in the same types of martini glasses that the famous Grand Marnier and Grey Goose slushes are served in at the outside kiosk in France.

Liquor flavors are still being finalized, but will likely include Grand Marnier, Grey Goose vodka, a rum from Martinique, and other options.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/04/29/news-california-grill-menu-and-epcots-france-ice-cream-shop-menu-updates/

• 4 weeks later...

According to the Disney Food Blog, L’Artisan des Glaces Sorbet and Ice Cream Shop in Epcot’s France is now open to the public.

Menu and photos...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/05/29/first-look-lartisan-des-glaces-sorbet-and-ice-cream-shop-in-epcots-france-is-open-see-full-menu-and-photos-here/

Excerpts...

lartisan-des-glaces-Window-457x625.jpg

New window at Epcot's L'Artisan des Glaces

lartisan-des-glaces-ice-cream-and-sorbet

Current L'Artisan des Glaces Flavors

LArtisan-Prices-600x379.jpg

Ice Cream and Sorbet Pricing at L'Artisan des Glaces

I'll swing in there this weekend. It's taking one for the team, I suppose, but a full review seems necessary.

bow.gif

You must try several flavors.... Just for us

At least several.

Maybe all of them.

According to the comments on the Disney Food Blog, that caramel one translates to Salted Caramel.

You had better not go in there.

You will never leave.

TCD

drool.gif

Okay. Going there tonight I think. So what do I put grand marnier on? What do we think the best combination is here?

I'm going with..... seriously, everything!

ok, maybe not mint chocolate

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so yeah... delicious. Not quite as "rich" as I thought it would be. I had the profiterole with whipped cream vodka. Sounds odd, but it was DELICIOUS. When we all walked in, the cast members were just standing around twiddling their thumbs. I guess it hasn't caught on yet.