Can anyone recommend a  campground in Key West?  I am thinking of going in October.  I have never been.  I did search the SP and Bahia Honda is already full and John  Pennekamp has availability but seem far from the lower keys.    Any suggestions would be nice.  Thank You!

We stayed at Bluewater.  You may not have seen it b/c it doesnt pop up if you search for campsite.  It's an RV resort.  We went there when we had the TT.  It will not allow anyone to say with canvas sides, so no pop ups or hybrids.  It is the closest you can get to KW, mile marker 14.  They are individually owned sites, some on the water, some interior, and all with tiki huts and some are really nice with some upgrades.  It is a nice place :)  We would hang at the pool during the day and drive into Key West for night time. 

Boyds is great it is on stock island(across a cannal from key west.easy bike ride to all of key west The staff members there are great very helpful. We stay there every christmas break

Wow, Key West sounds awesome. It must be tough to leave and head home when it's over

Very hard to leave perfect  temps/weather for cold north florida ( but my wife will not let me move)

• 2 months later...

If you are retired military or DOD you can stay at Sigsbee or trumbo, if not I think Boyds is your best bet. For the past 5 years we have spent Jan & Feb in Key West at Sigsbee NAS. Full hookups are $22.00 a night. Dry camping is $12.00 a night. That's pretty hard to beat. So many great restaurants, so many wine pubs and so many wine pubs (did I say wine pubs twice?).

See ya there.....

Dave