Do any premium sites have tent space avail?

We have a premium site booked for late summer this year and I was wondering, are all premium sites created equal?  Is there any space at the rear to pitch a fairly large tent?  Last year we had a preferred site in loop 100 and there was enough room for a tent at the rear of the site.  I did do the logical thing and called the disney people for info and the operator was less than helpful.  I think she was just reading the info on her screen and we went in circles.  I like to put up my canvas tent and use it like an additional room for my TT.  I put a floor down, tv, inflatable furniture , AC , etc....I use it as my living room away from home.  However if there is not enough space then I will not pack the stuff and save my back and truck suspension..

frank

The premium sites are all fully paved.  Some folks have had luck putting tents or screen houses off their site to the side or rear of the pavement, although technically all your "stuff" is supposed to fit on your site.

That said, this is another one of the rules that Disney is very wishy washy about enforcing.

Oh and WELCOME!!

We have a premium site booked for late summer this year and I was wondering, are all premium sites created equal?  Is there any space at the rear to pitch a fairly large tent?  Last year we had a preferred site in loop 100 and there was enough room for a tent at the rear of the site.  I did do the logical thing and called the disney people for info and the operator was less than helpful.  I think she was just reading the info on her screen and we went in circles.  I like to put up my canvas tent and use it like an additional room for my TT.  I put a floor down, tv, inflatable furniture , AC , etc....I use it as my living room away from home.  However if there is not enough space then I will not pack the stuff and save my back and truck suspension..

frank

Great question.

The premium spaces are not all created equal.

Some are much longer than others.

Some have a lot of space behind them (off the slab) where people can and do put up extra tents.

Some have absolutely no space behind them.

Depending on how long your trailer is, there is often space right on the slab for a tent.  But, since the premium sites are all slab,  you would only be able to stake down three corners of the tent, but putting it at the back edge of the slab.

As best I can tell, there are no rules against setting up a tent off the slab, if there is room at your site to do this.   But not every site has the extra room.

TCD

Thanks for the info.    Now that we know they all differ a little, what about those in loop 400?  Does anyone know which has greater depth or width?  My trailer is 26'.  Btw I do know loop 400 is a pet loop and that is where we want to be, walking distance to boat transportation, and for our mastiff named Walter (kids named him after guess who?).  Who is considered a dog as per wdw, but he is a family member around here, just another kid to take care of.

DF

I think 400 has some of the smaller premium sites, but there is still room for an extra tent on most of them.  You didn't mention what time of year you're going.  If it's not a busy time, and there are lots of empty sites, you can always ask to change sites if you get one that isn't going to work for you.  With a 26' trailer, I think you would still have room on the slab for an extra tent on almost any site on the 400 loop.

TCD

Not the farting dog, but the man himself Walt Disney