• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All you really have to do, is at any time when you make your reservation, or know that your daughter is actually flying in, add Magical Express to your reservation.  For the arrival, you don't need fl

That's a possibility, maybe since you were already checked in for that reservation, you couldn't add it.

Also the fact that you were trying to go in "reverse direction" may have had something to do with it.

www.fortfiends.net Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking Return to the index

Both possibilties

I'll relay something I did one time.  Rick and I came for a week long trip and reservations were already made, etc. and all of a sudden I could only be there on the weekends.

So we kept our original reservations, flew in and took DME.  I knew I could only use DME for one ride each way.

So when I took my flight home to work that week, I arranged for Mears from the Dolphin. (No luggage involved). We walked to the Dolphin from Epcot and I took Mears to the airport.

Upon my return later in the week, I went to the Mears desk all the way down next to DME and purchased a ticket to ride to a Disney resort.  The Mears folks put me on a DME bus with my Mears ticket.

(The rule is that you have to have an advance DME reservation to ride DME free. Walkups can buy a Mears ticket and still ride the DME bus to a Disney resort.).

I'll relay something I did one time.  Rick and I came for a week long trip and reservations were already made, etc. and all of a sudden I could only be there on the weekends.

So we kept our original reservations, flew in and took DME.  I knew I could only use DME for one ride each way.

So when I took my flight home to work that week, I arranged for Mears from the Dolphin. (No luggage involved). We walked to the Dolphin from Epcot and I took Mears to the airport.

Upon my return later in the week, I went to the Mears desk all the way down next to DME and purchased a ticket to ride to a Disney resort.  The Mears folks put me on a DME bus with my Mears ticket.

(The rule is that you have to have an advance DME reservation to ride DME free. Walkups can buy a Mears ticket and still ride the DME bus to a Disney resort.).

That's good to know. Thanks for the tip. Ive never had to use DME before because we rarely fly (that's why we have an RV).

Yup

That's good. I replied to the topic and that's how it showed up when it posted.

Does everyone else see the Driver error message on my reply above?

Yes.  That's a new one.  But I've seen it so many times lately, I barely noticed.

Good idea, Carol!  So, if for some reason my daughter doesn't qualify for DME- she can walk up to the Mears counter at MCO and take the Mears shuttle.  Good to know. 

For the return trip, is the Dolphin the only place to catch it heading out of WDW?

TCD

You can't arrange Mears to the Airport from a Disney resort because of DME.  The Swan and/or Dolphin are easy choices because it's easy to get to on Disney property. Oh, and you can also buy a Mears ticket with a CC at the Dolphin (They have a Mears desk).  Otherwise you have to have cash for the driver.

You probably could arrange it from one of the DTD Hotel Plaza Blvd resorts or Shades of Green.

To arrange Mears call a Disney operator from any Disney House phone about 24 hours in advance, then ask to be connected to Mears. Give them your flight number and departure time and location and they will give you a pickup time.

The last time I rode Mears it was $20 one way. It may have gone up.