It still runs on a single inner line. It will always be the first monorail I ride when flying to Florida. Sorry shmuck face your logical definitions are meaningless to me in this case.

With all due respect CT schmuck face, does that look like a monorail to you?

It's actually a better design.

MCOTram_zps77f2336c.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All you really have to do, is at any time when you make your reservation, or know that your daughter is actually flying in, add Magical Express to your reservation.  For the arrival, you don't need fl

Monorail

As you're a New Englander, I'll use simple words. Monorail, mono, as in one. OIA Tram, dual road surfaces, as in two.

Take the WDW trams and add electric motors, add walls and sliding doors, elevate them on a concrete road surface with a guide rail in the middle, remove the CMs, viola, OIA Tram.

That's a cool looking monorail. 

TCD, forgive me for the hijack, but I have a hypothetical question.  Let's say I am taking DME back to the airport.  If I purchase a warm cinnamon roll from the Main Street Bakery before heading to the airport, will it still be warm when I arrive at MCO?  Are you allowed to eat on the cool looking monorail? 

That's a cool looking monorail. 

TCD, forgive me for the hijack, but I have a hypothetical question.  Let's say I am taking DME back to the airport.  If I purchase a warm cinnamon roll from the Main Street Bakery before heading to the airport, will it still be warm when I arrive at MCO?  Are you allowed to eat on the cool looking monorail? 

Don't you mean the Starbucks on Main St?

Cool looking monorail Tram, even the WDW buses are cooler looking than the antique tram at OIA.

Thanks, Ray.

Good to know.

I'm sure we will get it figured out.  So, I guess if I don't get the luggage tags before she goes, she will either just do a carry on, or go to baggage claim herself before she goes to the DME desk.

Now I just need to book the flight.

Well then, minus the car seat, stroller and toddler, this should be a piece of cake for her!

TCD

Actually even if you don't get the luggage tags she can still go straight to the DME area and give them her baggage claim tickets and they will go get her bags for here and bring them to the Fort. It really is easy. The only problem she might have is if she reads shmuck face one and shmuck face two's nonsensical ramblings about the monorail/tram. It's a stinking vehicle that brings you from a terminal building to the main atrium building!!!

Actually even if you don't get the luggage tags she can still go straight to the DME area and give them her baggage claim tickets and they will go get her bags for here and bring them to the Fort. It really is easy. The only problem she might have is if she reads shmuck face one and shmuck face two's nonsensical ramblings about the monorail/tram. It's a stinking vehicle that brings you from a terminal building to the main atrium building!!!

Wait does this mean I have graduated to Shmuck face status? Woohoo Just over a year to make the "magic" happen. LOL

I thought of that, but none of the TCD girls travel light.

She is probably going to fly Southwest, so no charge for a checked bag. 

Does anyone know if Southwest is on the A or B side MCO?

You have a good point though- maybe it would still be worth it from a time and effort standpoint to just have a carryon.  I don't fly very much, so I'm not up on whatever the current restrictions are- what size bag is she allowed to carry on?  And I assume there are still all those restrictions on liquids?

TCD

Yea the current 3oz of liquid/ gel stuff is still in effect. If i remember correctly contact solution is considered medical, so the size/amount does not count against the 3oz.

The normal 21" (?) rolling lugguage + 1 personal bag (purse/book bag) are all that you are allowed as a carryon.

I have started refilling 1oz shampoo and sunscreen containers to avoid checking bags. I usualy fly SW but it takes a long time to pick the bags. So, the only time I check bags is for long trips or if I have to take additional stuff for work.

Yea the current 3oz of liquid/ gel stuff is still in effect. If i remember correctly contact solution is considered medical, so the size/amount does not count against the 3oz.

The normal 21" (?) rolling lugguage + 1 personal bag (purse/book bag) are all that you are allowed as a carryon.

I have started refilling 1oz shampoo and sunscreen containers to avoid checking bags. I usualy fly SW but it takes a long time to pick the bags. So, the only time I check bags is for long trips or if I have to take additional stuff for work.

Thanks.

I'm going to encourage her to try to make it with just a carry on.

TCD

lets try this again.....dang driver errors

Ok,

When we took our trip west, we had planned on using DME.

When I called to make a reservation, they told me I could only make the reservation for the same day of either check in or check out. The dates had to coincide otherwise we couldn't use DME.

I spoke to 3 agents and a supervisor and the conversation ended with me sending a strongly worded letter to DME. We ended up having to make our own arrangements.

Just wanted to share my DME experience.

lets try this again.....dang driver errors

Ok,

When we took our trip west, we had planned on using DME.

When I called to make a reservation, they told me I could only make the reservation for the same day of either check in or check out. The dates had to coincide otherwise we couldn't use DME.

I spoke to 3 agents and a supervisor and the conversation ended with me sending a strongly worded letter to DME. We ended up having to make our own arrangements.

Just wanted to share my DME experience.

Is that the official policy, or did you get one of those folks who answers the phone who didn't know what he was talking about?

So if my daughter doesn't arrive and depart on the same day as my reservation, she can't use DME?

In case that's true- is there a shutlle service you used that you would recommend for getting back and forth to MCO?

TCD

Is that the official policy, or did you get one of those folks who answers the phone who didn't know what he was talking about?

So if my daughter doesn't arrive and depart on the same day as my reservation, she can't use DME?

In case that's true- is there a shutlle service you used that you would recommend for getting back and forth to MCO?

TCD

I spoke to 3 agents and a supervisor. All said the same thing. The computer wont let them make a reservation unless its associated with a check in or check out date at a Disney resort. They ask for the reservation number when you call. 

We ended up using family to take us to the airport, a 15 min drive on the toll road.

You may still have differing results, just wanted to tell my experience as well. You know how Disney, who you talk to on what day and what hour will alter your results.

I'm not sure ehat happened to Dave but last summer we arrived at Orlando international 2 days before my son and took the ME. When my son arrived he rode the ME. I just called the ME and asked them about it. They said as long as she is traveling on a day during your stay she can take the ME.

Ex. You are staying June 1-8 and she arrived on the 3rd or the 4th. She can take the ME. However, if she arrives on may 31st she can't.

I hope that helps.

I'm not sure ehat happened to Dave but last summer we arrived at Orlando international 2 days before my son and took the ME. When my son arrived he rode the ME. I just called the ME and asked them about it. They said as long as she is traveling on a day during your stay she can take the ME.

Ex. You are staying June 1-8 and she arrived on the 3rd or the 4th. She can take the ME. However, if she arrives on may 31st she can't.

I hope that helps.

Yes, this is the way I thought I have heard others use it.

I wonder if Dave is a special case since he has reservations that are 30 days long.

Maybe if some of the guests are coming and going on different dates, it's cool, but not if all of them are going?

TCD

In case it's helpful...

SW limits carry-on bags to 10 x 16 x 24 inches.

And here's the current rule on carry-on liquids from TSA...

Liquids, aerosols and gels, in limited quantities, are safe to bring aboard an aircraft. Each traveler is allowed one bag in order to limit the total volume of liquids, aerosols and gels. Consolidating products into one bag and X-raying them separately from the carry-on bag enables security officers to quickly clear all items.

3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume); 1 quart-sized, clear plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure.

Be prepared. Each time TSA searches a carry-on it slows down the line. Practicing 3-1-1 will ensure a faster and easier checkpoint experience.

3-1-1 is for short trips. If in doubt, put your liquids in checked luggage.

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding 3.4 ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. Officers may need to open these items to conduct additional screening.

311_poster_585wide.jpg

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-carry-ons

In case it's helpful...

SW limits carry-on bags to 10 x 16 x 24 inches.

And here's the current rule on carry-on liquids from TSA...

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-carry-ons

Thanks, Mo.

I actually needed to know that.  As I said- we don't fly much.

So, as long as the containers are 3.4 oz or less, and they fit in the 1 qt ziplock, there is no limit on the number of containers?

TCD

Thanks, Mo.

I actually needed to know that.  As I said- we don't fly much.

So, as long as the containers are 3.4 oz or less, and they fit in the 1 qt ziplock, there is no limit on the number of containers?

TCD

I am not aware of any limit to the number of containers in the ziplock bag.  Just make sure you remove the ziploc bag from your carryon and place it in one of the bins that goes through the xray machine.  If you leave it in your suitcase they will take it out and make you drink your shampoo. 

I am not aware of any limit to the number of containers in the ziplock bag.  Just make sure you remove the ziploc bag from your carryon and place it in one of the bins that goes through the xray machine.  If you leave it in your suitcase they will take it out and make you drink your shampoo. 

Sounds like this happened to you.

What kind of shampoo tastes the best?

TCD

Yes, this is the way I thought I have heard others use it.

I wonder if Dave is a special case since he has reservations that are 30 days long.

Maybe if some of the guests are coming and going on different dates, it's cool, but not if all of them are going?

TCD

Who knows. Yet another inconsistency with Disney policy.

I just wanted to relay my experience with DME.