From WDWMagic...

The Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck will be serving most days this week from 6pm to 11pm at Downtown Disney. The food truck will be parked in the area near Fultons and will serve a variety of tacos, chips and salsa. Pricing starts at $2.

In the same area, also look out for live music starting at 7pm daily.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/pleasure-island/news/07may2013-truckeria-rolling-tacos-food-truck-at-pleasure-island-this-week.htm#.UYkZAc3nZSY.twitter

Soon, the Disney busses will be decorated with those dangly Pom Pom things.

This is actually related to the Disney Springs project. As construction walls go up, certain locations will close altogether or close to be relocated. Things will be very fluid as the Disney Springs project moves ahead, which it already has. So far, it doesn't appear that it's going to be a Hyperion Wharf type ordeal. It's really going to happen.

• 4 months later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

A few years ago, I visited Austin, Texas; I was there for a music festival, but one of the things I remember best is the food trucks. It was the first time I had seen anyone serve “grown-up” food from a vehicle. (Trust me, these were nothing like the ice cream trucks I chased as a kid!) Today, Food Trucks seem to be everywhere, though much to my dismay, they’ve been in short supply at the Walt Disney World Resort. Until now.

I’m delighted to share this delicious tidbit: Food Trucks are coming to Downtown Disney! Even better? They’re rolling in faster than you might expect, with the first truck expected later this fall.

I recently sat down with Chef James Kleinschmidt and Downtown Disney Area Manager for Food & Beverage, Matt Fisher, who have been working closely with our Walt Disney World Food & Beverage partners on the concept. They shared some early details with me and, of course, I wanted to pass along every morsel of information to you! According to the duo, there will be four trucks, each themed to portray the essence of a different Disney Park. Here’s what’s in the works:

• “Enchanted Fare” will serve favorites from Disney Parks around the world; think Croque Monsieur from Magic Kingdom Park, Glass Noodle Salad from Hong Kong Disneyland and (my favorite!) Hand-Dipped Corn Dogs from Disneyland park.
  • “The World Showcase of Flavors” is expected to feature items from the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival such as Grass-Fed Beef Sliders, Pierogies with Kielbasa and Lobster Rolls. Yum!
  • “Superstar Catering” will shine the spotlight on a wide array of meatball options fit for a Hollywood set; the Lamb Meatball Flatbread with Tzatziki sounds especially credit-worthy.
  • “Namaste Café” plans to feature a nice mix of spices with dishes including Butter Chicken, Slow-Cooked Beef Short Ribs and Tandori Spiced Shrimp. (I hear they’ll all come with Naan Bread, so you can’t go wrong!)

In the coming weeks, we’ll share additional details about the food trucks and hope to have photos of the menu items to whet your appetite. In the meantime, I’d love to know which truck you’re most excited about – I honestly can’t decide!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/new-food-trucks-set-to-roll-into-downtown-disney-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

I think this is a really good idea - especially for those of us who don't want a relatively expensive dinner while at DTD.  Plus, the trucks may relieve a bit of the congestion at Earl of Sandwich.  I say "yea" to this change!

You meant to say relatively inexpensive, right?

I'm not against this idea.  I think it's very smart on Disney's part.  But, I disagree with the blogger on one thing- lamb meatball flatbread with tzatziki sauce does not sound "especially credit worthy" to me.  To me, it sounds kind of gross.

TCD

I remember that there was a food truck in DTD on our trip in may/June. It was right by fultons. Was that just a trial run or something?

Ill have to check when I get home from this business trip to see if we have some pictures. I took a few pictures of this crazy guy dancing close to where the truck was parked.