I need some more crock pot recipes!

We will be at the fort in early November. Our son, his wife, and their four children will be joining us the first week. And I will have to feed 8 people each night. I'm in desperate need of some recipes for an entire meal for 8 via the crock pot. Need easy cooking, easy clean up, and kid friendly. Any suggestions?

bean burritos / nachos

pinto beans (soaked overnight)

season to taste - simmer all day (drive your neighbors insane)

beans can be refried or eaten straight from pot

all you need is tortillas, tortilla chips, cheese - (for your LC... the beans are good with just some salsa)

their is a quick rice dish you can add to the burritos but I figured not to add with you diet

Thanks, all!  I read through the crock pot threads and the freezer meal thread.

Problem is that so many of these recipes contain either rice, potatoes, pasta, beans, or corn. I don't eat any of those.  Plus a lot aren't full meals, just the main dish.  Guess I'll stick with stews and soups.  And Stef's buffalo chicken.  If you all come up with more recipes I'd love to see them!

I just did a super easy and good one, but I served it over pasta. Is there something you could sub for you?

You just take about 3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken, 2 jars of pasta sauce, and minced garlic. Cook it on low all day and shred the chicken. I put it on pasta and sprinkle with cheese, but Jason did eat a plate of just the chicken.

Kelly, how would it be over spaghetti squash instead of pasta?

I think that would work. My dad and Jason are still raving about it, and it was so easy. I'd done it before, but it's been awhile. I guess I will be making it more often because it was a huge hit and the easiest to make dinner of the month. I threw it together on a whim the morning of Jason's surgery.

Sweet Baby Ray’s Crock Pot Pulled Chicken

✔ Like ✔ “Share” ✔ Tag ✔ Comment ✔ Repost ✔Follow me

6 Chicken Breasts

1 Bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes

Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Clean and trim fat off the chicken breasts. Add to slow cooker. Add 1 cup of the BBQ sauce and the apple cider vinegar. Cook on low for 5 1/2 hours.

2. After 5 1/2 hours, remove chicken and shred using a fork. If you don’t want your chicken to be too liquidy, you can pour out the liquid into a bowl and save for later. Or you can leave the liquid in (I do recommend leaving at least a little bit of the liquid in to avoid drying out the chicken). Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker. Add the remaining BBQ Sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes. Serve.

http://eat-drink-love.com/2011/10/crockpot-bbq-shredded-chicken/

943430_250024445138767_536671904_n.jpg

Like · · Share · 59587 · about an hour ago ·