Dolly Is Upping Her Game

Ray,

While true that Dollywood is dry, you should consider that just up the road a short distance is Gatlinburg which is home to several Moonshine Distillers which have FREE sampling and believe me, that is a "theme" park in it's own right.... :oregonian_winesmiley:

Especially when a bunch of Fiends go together!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dollywood is getting its first on-site resort hotel.  It looks very nice.    http://dreammoreresort.com/    A vacation at Dollywood is not cheap by any means, but I think it does fit the budgets of m

Maybe we should flood their suggestion box for a campground

• 6 months later...

Dolly's resort does look beautiful but I was very disappointed looking at the website to find that most of the rooms, except a few of the most expensive, have a maximum occupancy of 4. I'm used to WDW's pricing out "large" families, but Dolly had 11 siblings herself so you'd think she'd have rooms to accomodate at least my "large" family of two adults and 3 children. 

I guess what I'm asking is are the outlets really outlets?

Years ago there were real outlet stores. They usually over 30 miles from any major city. And everything in the store was greatly reduced. Not just a few items to get you into the store. Now a day there are outlet stores everywhere.

We have an outlet mall in Oklahoma City. We went there a few times, mainly to the Disney outlet. And it had the same stuff as the Disney store in the mall and everything was about the same price. Not really any savings to be had. Except they did have some t-shirts on sale and that was it.

The outlet stores in Branson use to be really good. Went to the North face store and bought a Denali jacket for $40 about 2 or 3 years ago. Now the same outlet store wants $100 for the same jacket this last fall. Not much of a bargain.

LL Bean used to have a factory outlet store in N.Conway NH that was a true outlet.  It was very basic, product was very often still in big cardboard boxes. Most of it was factory seconds, over runs and customer returns, a lot of stuff had names or initials embroidered on them.  Everything was dirt cheap, 75 or 80 percent of if not even more.  We used to love stopping there because you never knew what they would have.

Fast forward a few years and they opened a new "outlet" with fancy theming and shiny racks and displays.   Not the same......   :mellow: