• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great to have a Fiend on the scene.   For the Yellow Fly test, please sit on the 1600 loop from 7:30 to 8:30 pm tonight and report back on how many bites you receive.   You have to go out to the swamp

Whatever works... I'll take this thread as a sign to stop shaving my legs and drink a lot more just to be sure :fly-swat: .

Yes they are in the 200 loop too. He posed for his picture, then was smacked down...

I leave in a week to camp across the swampiest part of Florida to the swampiest part of Louisiana. I found a product on a camping blog called Cactus Juice. Folks were raving about it and how well it keeps yellow flies and mosquitos away. AND it smells nice! It's hard to find locally, but Amazon sells it. They have one that also has sunscreen in it (SFP20) which is what I ordered. It really smells great. Haven't tested it yet, but will put it through the ringer soon.

That's an evil-looking creature!

if you have ever had one chase you and then subsequently bite you, then yes, you know the evil

plus, for some of us, the welt does not go away for several months

now that I am considered allergic to carpenter ants, I have a new aversion to them, as the Dr. says I could be similarly allergic to other insects with venom...UGH

I have fortunately not met one of these up close and personal yet, but we have the green version in Maine (deer flies).  Sounds like the same painful, awful results.  I had a bite on the back of my neck one year that left a 1" lump for months.

One year they bit Bz so badly her little face swelled up like she'd been in a prize fight (and lost).  Benedryl helped, but she had angry red welts that took days to go away.