Meatball Cone - Marketplace Snacks, Downtown Disney

The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of the new Meatball Cone (yes, you read that right) at Downtown Disney’s Marketplace Snacks...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/05/13/review-meatball-cone-at-walt-disney-worlds-downtown-disney/

Marketplace-Snacks-Menu-Downtown-Disney-

Marketplace Snacks Menu -- Click to Enlarge

Meatball-Cone-and-Chips-Marketplace-Snac

Meatball Cone and Chips

I think the weirdest part is the side of chips. Because after I eat a bunch of meatballs and a bread bowl, I'm looking to wash it down with a salty snack. It doesn't look bad though. I think it's kind of cute.

I'm with you on this. I'd rather have fruit or veggie sticks and dip.

I name "meatball cone" is seriously making me gag. Meatballs in a bread cone makes it a little better!

I think the weirdest part is the side of chips. Because after I eat a bunch of meatballs and a bread bowl, I'm looking to wash it down with a salty snack. It doesn't look bad though. I think it's kind of cute.

Here's a free tip from old TCD . . .

Order the meatball cone without the chips.

I'll bet they will do it, and it will probably be $1.50 or $2.00 less.

At the hot dog in the pretzel roll place in DHS, they serve the hot dogs with chips.  We usually never ate the chips, and I would end up with a bunch of crushed bags of chips in my backpack.  On one visit, the guy in front of me says he just wants to hot dog- no chips.  And the CM told him a price lower than posted on the sign.  I did the same thing.  I think I saved $6.00 since I was buying three hot dogs.  

TCD

Here's a free tip from old TCD . . .

Order the meatball cone without the chips.

I'll bet they will do it, and it will probably be $1.50 or $2.00 less.

At the hot dog in the pretzel roll place in DHS, they serve the hot dogs with chips.  We usually never ate the chips, and I would end up with a bunch of crushed bags of chips in my backpack.  On one visit, the guy in front of me says he just wants to hot dog- no chips.  And the CM told him a price lower than posted on the sign.  I did the same thing.  I think I saved $6.00 since I was buying three hot dogs.  

TCD

That is also important to realize when ordering kids meals.  The meal might say it includes carrots, cookie and drink (or something like that), but most times if you don't want the sides, or the drink, they reduce the price.  It is basically ala carte without being advertized as so. 

Same goes at Chick Fil A, and I realize this is WAY off topic.  But if you are one who routinely removed something from your sandwich like pickles, lettuce or tomato, order it without those items.  They will take 10 or 15 cents off for each item you remove.  If you throw away your pickles each time, you are throwing away money. 

meatball cones, beet lollipops...... what is this world coming too.  Reminds me of the McPizza back in the day.  I guess there are only so many boxes we can think out of

That is also important to realize when ordering kids meals.  The meal might say it includes carrots, cookie and drink (or something like that), but most times if you don't want the sides, or the drink, they reduce the price.  It is basically ala carte without being advertized as so. 

Same goes at Chick Fil A, and I realize this is WAY off topic.  But if you are one who routinely removed something from your sandwich like pickles, lettuce or tomato, order it without those items.  They will take 10 or 15 cents off for each item you remove.  If you throw away your pickles each time, you are throwing away money. 

I didn't know that about the kids' meals or Chick Fil A.  But, I like the pickles, so I'll pay the extra dime. But back to Disney:  I wonder what the savings is on a kids meal if you just get the entrée?  For some of those meals, it might work out for an adult to order two kids meals entrées and none of the sides, and end up with an adult sized portion for less than what they charge for an adult meal.

TCD