Fa-Tang! - This Trip Report Brought to You By the Letter 12

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok.  Since I know I love Nicki... and I know that I love MO... and anyone who calls herself Turkey Pants and is related to MO just has to be loveable....   I will gladly add my Hong Kong Phooeyesque  

I have a picture in my head of WWW and a 24-hour MK colliding.  :partythree:  :panic:  :pope:

OMG I love how you think and well... just you in general.  Both of you.  :heartsmiley:   Seriously folks, only do crazy things like this with people you truly adore or you will probably end up killing

Great updates.  Fred and George, ROFL

There were many such silly and hilarious moments during the day and night.

That's actually where the title of this TR came from. 

Aside from the liberal (and in my case usually off-timed) use of "FA-TANG!" at some point the silliness turned into "brought to you by the letter 12"

I can't explain it, you kinda had to be there.  But there were very definitely moments of side-splitting laughing until you couldn't breathe, usually over something completely ridiculous.

I blame the heat.

And the company.  :heartsmiley:

Truthfully I am still not sure I remember the letter 12 reference. I know I was there in body but something's are just fuzzy and/or missing

:heart:

I believe we were waiting in line for...something and we were talking about uh... something? And I said something along the lines of "Today was brought to you by the letter..." and Mo said "12!" and then we laughed until we cried. Does that clear it up? :rofl2:

I believe we were waiting in line for...something and we were talking about uh... something? And I said something along the lines of "Today was brought to you by the letter..." and Mo said "12!" and then we laughed until we cried. Does that clear it up? :rofl2:

Yep, that was it exactly!  :rotfl6:

I am pretty sure this picture is me saying "I just dribbled delicious root beer float down my hand after waiting 1100 hours for you to ride SM and now you want me to pose for Dole Whip photos. Seriously?"

Yet you were still smiling! :heartsmiley:

And you couldn't hit me without spilling.   8)

my time stamp says 2:44:44

The "before" shot says 2:40:47

Is 4 minutes to kill a Dole Whip some kind of record?  :o

Hall of ZZZzzzzs, $17 for a stinking fan, 

A little back track to finally getting on Splash Mountain -

8869128876_176a108f96_b.jpg

Check out all those people standing on that bridge -

8869110100_8e19283acd_b.jpg

The reason BTMRR standby was only 30 min... they were all stuck on Splash Mountain-

8869049942_6a2e4f8e14_b.jpg

Of to the Hall of Zzzzzzzs aka Presidents.  Now to be honest, we would have slept a bit better if we had just stayed on the floor in the entry to the building beside the girl, who got sent to the corner and decided that was licking the glass display case would be fun.  HoP was in the A/C but they have gunshots that go off every so often messing with your nap schedule.  So just as you get into a good sleep you hear the civil war start again.  However, mini-nap #1 was accomplished.  HoP ratings for a nap place on a scale of 1-10... I give it a 6.
8869019274_9be09f23b6_b.jpg

I think Nicole googled the best places to sleep in Mk and one of them was the Train.  So we meanandered over that way, this is when Ms. Melty decided that she didn't care how much those durn fans were.... she HAD TO HAVE IT!  We were all so thankful after the fact.  
8869014750_4db91c74ba_b.jpg

Best place to be in order to get the full spritzing affect is about 5 feet behind the spritzer.  The aerodynamics cause it to hit in a nice misty cloud.

Looking back on to the crowds near the train station-
8868370901_9c94f21fce_b.jpg

We rode the train all the way around then back to the cirus.  I don't seem to have any pictures of the ride.  I think i was testing out the napping accommodations.  On the Napping scale of 1-10, the train rates a solid 1.  The whistle just keeps going off all the time.  Perhaps we were too close to the whistle and we had to share a bench with each other but it also starts and stops every few minutes.   

After what I am sure is the second or third visit to the new bathrooms here and a walk through Casey's Playground (sweet spitting water fountains), we headed into what was truly the mecca for napping, Cosmic Ray's.  Folks you have been warned.  Delirium has set in.  Should you choose to read further.. you have only yourself to blame.  Now is a point when you so want to sit down, nap, rest whatever that you don't care who sees you or what you have to do to sleep.  Also we found the perfect spot to recharge the phones.  After grabbing a snack of french fries and some water.... Mo takes her hair down

Before -

8868362717_49f294d8c9_b.jpg

Nicole loses the battle with the brush-
8868961826_8a62f906a1_b.jpg

All I can say is "FA-TANG GIRL"!
298555_146562678863682_355837733_n.jpg

According to the timestamp on the photo this gets us to 6:21pm.  We have made it halfway there and it's nap time.  Cosmic Ray's rates a solid 9 on the Napping Scale.  The background noise is so loud that nothing stands out.  You can pick a bench and prop your feet up on a stool after plugging in all your electronics.

This Update was brought to you by the letter 12.  No really, isn't this where that was spawned....?

Next Up- More Another train ride

Nicole takes a plunge

Riverboat Relaxing

BONUS UPDATE:

That fan was killer.  I think I refilled it twice.  It even came with a sweet shoulder strap.  Let's just say that Misty Mo was a much happier camper than Melty Mo.

I do believe "the letter 12" originated at Ray's.  It was comfy and cool and the first major wave of delirium hit.

The bonus to 3 melty Womenz doubled over laughing is that people really don't want to sit near you.

The bonus to our spiffy Vera Bradley bags is that they also made great pillows.

I don't think there's photo evidence, but picture the 3 of us sitting along a comfy bench in the corner with our feet up on chairs and an assortment of water bottles and french fry cups on the table, heads back, eyes closed.

Hmm... I'd be willing to bet that *someone* out there has a photo of that.  I know I'd have taken one if I'd seen it.

From here on out gets a bit fuzzier.  I have a lot fewer photos and FB posts - might have just been the park coma setting in or the fact that we were doing a lot of crisscrossing of the park at this point and seeing the same things over and over.

According to my photos, I *think* at this point we headed back to Storybook Circus and hopped the train again.  More obligatory construction photos...

8877571381_f6a0673323_b.jpg

8878186904_f0b3762ea5_b.jpg

There was another stroll through the water area and another potty break first.  And just to make a small attempt to balance the scale of bad Mo pictures...

8877567545_f4ee4d33c3_c.jpg

Back on the train!

I have this photo from 7:09PM from the train as we were stopped at Main St. Station.

8877565133_33a9b46a16_b.jpg

From what I could tell, this is the point at which the first wave of real crowds started coming in.

We rode the full loop around once and then over to Frontierland Station to tick off a few more rides we hadn't hit yet.

And now back to your regularly scheduled trip report...

Nicole takes a plunge

Riverboat Relaxing

For some reason, I am thinking Letter 12 was when we were sitting on a carpet somewhere - it wasn't in HOP, so I was thinking it was in Mickey's PhilharMagic or the Laugh Floor. I really thought it was in the wee hours of the morning.

Come on Monique - help us out here.

Moi?!  Did you not see those pictures?  For pete's sake I bought a $17 squirt bottle... do you think my brain was functioning to the best of it's ability?

:rofl2: