Loaded gun found on Dinosaur

I agree with the previous posters about law abiding citizens carrying weapons but a truly responsible gun owner would have his weapon properly holstered and secured. Also I'm all for being in a position to protect yourself , your family and any other innocent person who may need help but honestly Disney is safer than I feel in my home and I know they are out to get me :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This genius is down in a ditch looking up at stupid.

If it wasn't for me carrying, Little Red would have been taken away by those poachers.

In this case the screw up put a loaded weapon within reach of a child in a crowded theme park.   That falls under "idiot" in my book.

I am all for the right to carry. But, this guy should have been more responsible. A loaded gun should not just be stuck in his pocket. He should have had it harnessed.

Actually I carry a 380 in a pocket "holster". The reason I carry a 380 Is because it fits in my back pocket.

I can actually buy that he didn't know guns weren't allowed in the parks. He's right, there are no signs entering the parks that say this (bet there will be now!), he was legally carrying and I'd be willing to bet a fraction of 1% of people read the official WDW "policies" on their website.

Still...

Loaded gun + back pocket + really rough theme park ride = DumbDumbDumbDumbDumb

He may be a law abiding citizen, but he's also a law abiding idiot.

That's kinda harsh. Idiot? Really. Yes he screwed up. And I know no one posting on this topic had ever messed up.

I agree with the previous posters about law abiding citizens carrying weapons but a truly responsible gun owner would have his weapon properly holstered and secured. Also I'm all for being in a position to protect yourself , your family and any other innocent person who may need help but honestly Disney is safer than I feel in my home and I know they are out to get me :)

Not me. At home I'm not worried about some idiot trying to kill as many people as they can. I think Disney does a great job of minimizing the risk but I hardly feel they do a better job then I can do in my home.

Actually I carry a 380 in a pocket "holster". The reason I carry a 380 Is because it fits in my back pocket.

Is that comfortable when you sit? I always wonder about men with their wallets in their pockets but that sounds really uncomfortable.

In this case the screw up put a loaded weapon within reach of a child in a crowded theme park.

That falls under "idiot" in my book.

That gun

holds 7-9 rounds. So that would have put 7-9 people at risk. So by your definition any one who answers their cell phone while driving their is an idiot or anyone who puts on makeup while driving is an idiot. Or the mom or dad who is distracted by their kids in the back seat is an idiot. Because all of them did something that our others life at risk. A gun is apiece of metal that has the potential of hurting/killing someone just like a car.

That gun

holds 7-9 rounds. So that would have put 7-9 people at risk. So by your definition any one who answers their cell phone while driving their is an idiot or anyone who puts on makeup while driving is an idiot. Or the mom or dad who is distracted by their kids in the back seat is an idiot. Because all of them did something that our others life at risk. A gun is apiece of metal that has the potential of hurting/killing someone just like a car.

If you have something in your possession that can fairly easily cause grievous harm or death to another human being, and you are not fully responsible for keeping it safe at all times then yes... I'm sticking with idiot.  And call me "judge-y" but yes, I'd put cars in the same category. Responsible use of a vehicle or carrying of a weapon means just that, being responsible for it.

If you have something in your possession that can fairly easily cause grievous harm or death to another human being, and you are not fully responsible for keeping it safe at all times then yes... I'm sticking with idiot. And call me "judge-y" but yes, I'd put cars in the same category. Responsible use of a vehicle or carrying of a weapon means just that, being responsible for it.

I'm glad we agree. But as for me. I must admit that I've been guilty of being in possession of a item that can cause grievous damage or death to someone. My car. I've been talking on my phone and almost caused a wreck. Luckily I didn't.

Can you say that you've never put someone else's life at risk because of a dumb mistake?

He who is Without sin cast the first stone.

He sounds like a responsible person who just made a mistake yes a big mistake but still just a mistake.

Wonder what kills more people every year?

Guns, accidentently left behind on a amusement ride or inattentive drivers.

The guy acquiesced to security/police, acknowledging that it was a stupid move to allow a loaded firearm to become unsecured around kids.

Move on.

You aren't even perfect in reading my post that you quoted. I said it was a stupid "move." Never made any reference to perfection.

Continue on with your one sided debate/crusade. This thread has nothing left to offer. It's getting silly.

I can actually buy that he didn't know guns weren't allowed in the parks.  He's right, there are no signs entering the parks that say this (bet there will be now!), he was legally carrying and I'd be willing to bet a fraction of 1% of people read the official WDW "policies" on their website.

Still...

Loaded gun + back pocket + really rough theme park ride = DumbDumbDumbDumbDumb

He may be a law abiding citizen, but he's also a law abiding idiot.

This makes me think of Mad Eye Moody in Order of The Phoenix telling people not to but wands in their back pocket because they could blow their butts off.

On a serious note

1.  he lost his gun on a ride that kids get on, which means it took him some time to realize he didn't have it

2.  yes people make mistakes and no one is perfect BUT common sense should be used when you have any gun much less a concealed gun.  Just because you can carry one doesnt mean you should.  A little common sense  in choosing to take a gun into a place where people are always running into you, potentially picking pockets, and sells toy guns.... think about if a child, with an inattentive adult, had picked up that gun and made it go off.

3.  What if someone not honest had found that gun?  Whose hands would he have put that gun into?

4.  Think of the effect it could have had on a family, our sense of security while in those parks, and that man's conscience for the REST OF HIS LIFE if something had gone wrong.  The repercussions are not something I personally would want to live with.

5.  I personally know plenty of people who carry concealed.  Not one of them would have taken the chance by carrying into a Disney Park.

Part of handgun ownership involves responsibility. This guy did not operate in a responsible fashion. It has nothing to do with how good a driver I am. I don't care if he was cooperative or not. He failed to use common sense in this situation and lost control of his weapon. No excuses.

I was trying to find something that I could agree with Ray on to lighten things up a little, but I couldn't and I'm as conservative as they come.

So as this is not on the the debate forum, I'm not sayin nothin.

Ha, ha, Mo, as much as you stay away from the debate forum, it found you.

I was trying to find something that I could agree with Ray on to lighten things up a little, but I couldn't and I'm as conservative as they come.

So as this is not on the the debate forum, I'm not sayin nothin.

Lou with nothing to say....hmmm shocking.

Debate Forum...what's that?

This thread has provided me with two valuable insights...

1) "in a ditch looking up at stupid" :rotfl6: that's gotta be my favorite quote of the week

2)  Next time I buy a camera or cell phone, make sure it looks like a gun so somebody turns it in for a change when I lose it. I mean really, I can't get a lost camera with an address label stuck on it returned in three years and this guy gets his gun back within an hour or so??    :grinch:  

Hey this wasn't on the debate forum  (although it's probably thisclose to being moved there) so.....

:raspberry:

Oh and if I did  post on the debate forum that's probably how all my arguments would end.

If all I'm carrying is a .380 (which is rare) it's in a pocket holster in my right front pocket. It would never fall out. If you're carrying a weapon, you have the added responsibility of making certain it is secure.

I'm not getting into the debate about carrying/not carrying in the parks. People are very passionate about the whole subject, and I'm not going to waste energy arguing online.