New Fort Fiend Leaves NC arrives FW tomorrow (6/16)

WET and it is hot and it is humid. I think it's been running in the upper 80's lower 90's, and the humidity has to be equally high.

But at least you were expecting the oppressive temps, high humidity, and wet weather.

We are having a wonderful adventure in a gorgeous place.

Glad to hear it. 

It would be better for my daughter if it cooled down and dried up a bit.  

While it might dry out just a little, there's no such thing as cooling down in Florida during the summer.

I still wouldn't trade for a hotel. 

You're a braver person than I am.

I would never, ever even think of tent camping in Florida in the summertime without an AC. 

Hi,

I am also a new fiend. I wish I'd seen this before you left. I am also a tent camper and have camped at FW in tents for over 20 years. I am now an empty nester and still camp in a tent :-) As you have noted, the rain is the biggest problem camping in the summer. I find it more challenging than the bugs. Hope you have a wonderful time. I will be there next month - probably in the rain. Just keep going and have a laugh.

Hi,

I am also a new fiend. I wish I'd seen this before you left. I am also a tent camper and have camped at FW in tents for over 20 years. I am now an empty nester and still camp in a tent :-) As you have noted, the rain is the biggest problem camping in the summer. I find it more challenging than the bugs. Hope you have a wonderful time. I will be there next month - probably in the rain. Just keep going and have a laugh.

Are you going to share pictures afterward??