Beers and Ears has posted a review of Schöfferhofer Grapefruit Beer.  This beer debuted during the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival and was so popular that it sold out long before the end of the festival...

http://beersandears.net/2013/06/schofferhofer-grapefruit-is-back/

Interesting review.

I had one of these at last year's Food and Wine Festival.  I did not know anything about it, and choose it because it sounded interesting.

According to the review, it is 50% grapefruit juice. 

Which means you are drinking a cocktail which is half beer and half fruit juice.

My opinion of the "beer" was that it tasted like I was drinking grapefruit juice.  Not a hint of grapefruit like I was expecting, but a full on glass of grapefruit juice.

Now I know why.

I like grapefruit, so it was fine, but I think they ought to warn guests that this "beer" isn't really a beer.

TCD

Sounds good to me! I love beer and I love grapefruit. I also really like radler (beer and lemonade), so I'd try it! Unfortunately, we hardly ever make it to Food and Wine. Kids activities are in full swing that time of year. But one day we'll get there again!

Sounds good to me! I love beer and I love grapefruit. I also really like radler (beer and lemonade), so I'd try it! Unfortunately, we hardly ever make it to Food and Wine. Kids activities are in full swing that time of year. But one day we'll get there again!

You may have not caught it, but the person who posted the review Mo linked says that the grapefruit beer is now on tap at the Germany pavilion.  Like now- just not at the Food and Wine Festival.

TCD

• 1 year later...

You may have not caught it, but the person who posted the review Mo linked says that the grapefruit beer is now on tap at the Germany pavilion.  Like now- just not at the Food and Wine Festival.

TCD

I added it to my list for my trip back in August.  It was not on tap but bottled.  I personally loved it.  I am a big fan of the Lemon Shandy too, and I put lemon or lime in my Corona.  Another must have the next time I go back!