Expedia and Disney Parks Moms Panelist Invite Everyone to the Fort

I ran across an on-line article on the Expedia site which sings the praises of the hidden gem that is Fort Wilderness.  The author, who is identified as a Disney Parks Moms Panelist (whatever that is) reviews all there is to do at the Fort, including the swimming pools and campfire, and adds this paragraph at the end:

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is often overlooked by park guests. You do not have to be staying there to come and enjoy the amenities! Take time out of your next Orlando vacation to explore this unique property at Walt Disney World. 

Gee, thanks, Lady.

Invite the whole world over, why don't you?  The locals enjoying the amenities aren't enough?  Now we need everyone who is on their "Orlando vacation" to stop by too?

http://viewfinder.expedia.com/orlando/under-the-stars-disney's-fort-wilderness-resort

TCD

A lot of those moms on the panel don't know their $$$ from their $$$$$.

And neither does the people who pick them. 2 years I've made it to round 2 but not to the phone interview. I don't think I can apply this year because the training should be when I'm about to have Baby Snarky.

There is no way I'd ever be on one of those panels. For one, they probably don't let them give guests the "real" truth, just make them quote what's already readily available in the promotional material.

They do kind of sugar coat it but they aren't always correct. There is even a disclaimer on there about their answers (I guess covering their butts for when they are wrong).

There is no way I'd ever be on one of those panels. For one, they probably don't let them give guests the "real" truth, just make them quote what's already readily available in the promotional material.

Exactly.

I don't know why that link doesn't work, so here's the whole text of the article. It is accompanied by stock photos from WDW. It doesn't say anything monumental, but it does invite everyone over to enjoy the Fort's amenities:

Undiscovered Disney: Camp under the stars at Fort Wilderness Resort

Today we're thrilled to have a special guest from Disney on the Expedia Viewfinder blog. Today's guest blogger, Kay Belin, a Disney Parks Moms Panelist, tells us all about Fort Wilderness Resort, located just outside of Orlando, Florida. Read her post below and find out more about the Disney Parks Moms Panel at the bottom.

Looking for a decidedly different Disney experience? A hidden gem at Walt Disney World Resort is the beautiful Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. If you are looking for something a bit more peaceful and relaxing, this is the place to book. They offer comfortable cabins that can sleep up to six, including a complete kitchen, one bathroom, deck, picnic table, and grill that is “magically” cleaned daily. Grocery delivery service is also available, so all a guest needs to do is check in and start their vacation. For those who want to bring their home with them, there are many loops designated just for recreational vehicles or tents. The beauty of bringing your home on wheels is that this is the only way you can let your four-legged friends join you on a Disney vacation.

The resort is full of fun and provides a variety of opportunities that no other Disney resort can offer. After a busy day in the parks you can return to try your luck at fishing or take a canoe ride through the canals. Two pools, horseback riding, and a marina offer other recreation choices. Take a Segway tour or sign up for archery lessons and relive the great Disney/Pixar movie, Brave. Try not to miss the famous Chip 'N Dale's Campfire Sing-A-Long and movie each night under the stars. It starts with the opportunity to make the delicious campfire treat, s'mores. You can purchase all the necessary ingredients right there so you just need to bring your enthusiasm – and appetite!

Trails End is a full-service restaurant with take-out service available if you choose not to cook. This resort is also home to two of the best dining events in Walt Disney World, Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Mickey’s Backyard Barbecue, where you can dance and sing with your favorite characters.

Disney offers complimentary transportation to all parks and locations on property, whether by boat or bus. For added fun, rent a golf cart for your stay to get around and explore all ends of the resort property. As you take a spin through the loops, watch for the "locals" - deer, armadillos, turkey, and more. They are an exciting addition to the fabulous five: Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy!

My favorite time is often the end of the day in Fort Wilderness. Head to the beach and find a spot to sit and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks above the trees. The music is piped-in, making it one of the most relaxing - and truly undiscovered - locations to view this spectacular show. Stay seated as the Electric Water Parade follows around 9:45 p.m.

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is often overlooked by park guests. You do not have to be staying there to come and enjoy the amenities! Take time out of your next Orlando vacation to explore this unique property at Walt Disney World.

TCD

In the past it has always been September. You do some multiple choice questions, a few 100 word questions and pick your "specialty". Wide, Disneyland, run Disney, DVC, adventures by Disney or cruise (there may be more). If you get to round 2, it's more 100 word essays and a 60 second video clip. I have made it o round 2 twice and the clip was always your favorite Disney memory. Round 3 is a phone interview and they pick from there. You have to have been to Disney in the past year to apply.

In the past it has always been September. You do some multiple choice questions, a few 100 word questions and pick your "specialty". Wide, Disneyland, run Disney, DVC, adventures by Disney or cruise (there may be more). If you get to round 2, it's more 100 word essays and a 60 second video clip. I have made it o round 2 twice and the clip was always your favorite Disney memory. Round 3 is a phone interview and they pick from there. You have to have been to Disney in the past year to apply.

we you can forget the clip but does 4 trips in a year count?