• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My e-reader.

Took the camper out for the first time last weekend.  I was sitting by the lake reading.  When I finished one book, I just picked another from my Nook library and started reading it.  No need to bring multiple books... no need to even move from my chair ( I was truly a lazy butt). 

Magazines.

When my dh and the older kids are out playing and it's nap time for the Littles, I lay down and read - typically Mothering.  I save all my winter issues for the summer time camping.  I also have a ton of pregnancy/birthing books to read this summer for my doula business and midwifery apprenticeship. 

My outdoor rugs, we are tent campers and hubby has given me such grief about bringing the carpets but I NEED THEM!!!!  I love being able to walk out onto a nice carpet in the morning instead of fiddling with shoes and such.. it takes me a moment to get started... and my K-cup coffee maker... without these things I would be a bear in the mornings!!

My husband!  LOL  Lord bless him, after doiing al the driving, he sets up the tents, lights, and the hammocks.  Then he does all the cooking and usually all the dishes.  Now, I do lots of cooking, baking, and such before we leave, plus organizing the clothes for the 8 of us.  But I would be lost trying to camp without my dh, not to mention heartbroken!

My big ole rustic log rocking chair.  Gotta love getting up in the morning and sitting in my chair watching the world and the campground waking up!!!  Only problem is it's not really portable, it was a pain getting it to fit in the bed of the truck with a golf cart, 2 bikes a scooter and a couple coolers, I think we had stuff strapped to the roof of the golf cart by the time we left!!! LOL