Every once in a while someone will ask about renting an RV for their vacation. My friend Joyce thinks this review is worthy of sharing here. Michelle Cusolito and her family are in the middle of a five week trip across the country to see the Grand Canyon in an RV she rented from Cruise America. It's not going well. I don't know Michelle; but, I hope her luck turns around quickly.

http://michellecusolito.blogspot.com/2013/07/travel-tuesdays-never-rent-rv-from.html

PS:  I originally referred to the company as RV America.  I was wrong.  Michelle rented from Cruise America.  Sorry for the confusion. 

How awful! We considered renting from Cruise America this summer for a cross country trip, but after reading some truly horrible reviews, we decided to go with another company. Then we scrapped the whole trip because of the heat and wildfires in the west. But for future trips, we most definitely will not use that company.

Thanks for sharing this, Judy.

Renting a motorhome from one of those places and hitting the open road to destinations West has always been something that I have wanted to do.

This poor lady's experience would make me think twice.

Unfortunately, these customer "help" lines for major companies are pretty much all the same.  They just have low paid employees with scripts to read and zero interest in making things right for the customer.

TCD