WBI’s DisneyWorld Babymoon

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree.  You and CP look nothing like Sand People.     Congrats on the new career opportunity! I wish you all the best!

I'm going to try and keep this report going this week, but first some comments.

Awesome updates!

Too many great things for me to comment on.

Oh wait, CP makes those Bug's Life glasses look good.

Thank you!

I'll let CP know about the glasses, lol!

Fort shirt!

Props on the Tonga Toast!

DIT's eyes are going to melt when he sees the weed lady.

Butt cheek lady should definitely get a new look......what happened to leaving something to the imagination?

I am on the fence about hammock dude.  To give him props or not.  I agree I don't want numerous hammocks and lawn chairs etc staking out spots.  What's next tenting like the nerds who sleep outside Best Buy or the Apple store for the latest gadgets? :rofl2:

I agree on the leaving something to the imagination, what's up with that, and I can promise I would never let my daughter wear something like that.

I feel the same way about the hammock.

The Canada movie makes me want to go also. I went when I was a kid but I only remember the falls. Tonga toast is good we had it for our first time this past November.

Glad to know we aren't the only ones about Canada, the funny part is though we have no idea where to start with visiting it, there are too many different places.  I guess that's how people visiting the US feel.

I meant to say this in my other post.....

My wife and I have visited Disney while she was pregnant with each one of our 3 kids. We add these trips to the running total for each kid. The girls think that it is awesome that they were at Disney even before they were born. 

I bet that the little imagineer will think so too. 

That's awesome!  Hopefully we can do the same with each one of ours!  I bet the kids really do like adding that to their list, I went when I was only 2 years old I don't remember a thing but I still count it.

I'm superduperlate to this party but congratulations and great TR so far!!

Thank you!

Thanks for posting a warning before the picture of Devine. 

Oh, wait.  You didn't do that. 

Are you not aware of Fort Fiends Rule 226-4F?  It's a long one, but let me paraphrase for you. 

NO DEVINE PICS....EVER!!! 

Now I need to flush my eyes out with Roundup. 

Oh, and butt lady should come with a warning too.  That cannot be unseen.

But alas, the entire update wasn't a train wreck.  The Tonga Toast picture rocks!  And you and CP look like such happy parents-to-be.  And FOTLK is incredible!  But as strong as you finished, I still need to give the last update an F.  You can't spring Weed Woman pics on me and not get a failing grade.  Let this be a lesson for you. 

Sorry Dave, I'll have to read up on my Fort Fiend rules to make sure I don't mess up again.

Glad I redeemed myself slightly with the Tonga Toast.

CP really loves the FOTLK, she has to go every trip.

Lesson noted.

You guys are so CUTE!!!! Love the Fort shirt!

YUM, Tonga Toast. That's some good stuff.

BTG suck. I took a group of my high school students to Italy and Greece once. I didn't let them chant in lines and act like idiots though. And there were only 15 of them and 3 adults. We actually had a great time.

Dave might never forgive you....

Thank you!!

See that's how a tour group should be they should blend in not take over.

These monkey butts do NOT SMB :)

hahaha

Great updates, WBI!

I can't believe the hammock guy.  If this is allowed, I am going to bring mine every weekend to the Food and Wine Festival.  I could really use a place to rest. 

Also, the next time they have one of those 24 hour days, I could maybe hang my hammock over on Tom Sawyer Island and save the cost of renting a site at the Fort.

Good job on getting that photo.

And also the What Not to Wear photo.  LOL!

Nice Camo hat with your Fort t-shirt.  Geaux Tigers.

TCD

Thank you!

Isn't that hammock crazy, I wonder if anyone ever came by and said anything?

The hammock on Tom Sawyer Island is a great idea for any day!

Thanks I had to represent the Fort and LSU!

WBI

Two more comments and then a new post!

I give the last update an A+ just because you irritated Dave.  Nicely done.   :))

No comment on the cheeky girl.  My dad would have beat me into the next week!  (ok maybe just the one comment).

haha thanks Kim!

I agree, how did her parents allow that!

My Dad used to say if you got it, flaunt it; but even he had a taste level and that wasn't even close.

haha that's pretty good.

WBI

Alright time for another post.

It’s now Friday afternoon and we hopped a bus back to our resort from Animal Kingdom.

We had to wait on a bus driver swap, but at least we were in the a/c.

Pretty soon we were on our way; but about halfway to the resort the bus driver makes an announcement asking if any of us wanted to go to Blizzard Beach, we all said no and he said oh good because I forgot to turn back there. Lol

Our bus went to the Contemporary first I think then stopped at the GF I don’t remember the exact route but we decided to try the GF counter service for lunch. We had never seen it before and wanted to check it out. On the way we walked through the main lobby.

DSC09381.jpg

I should add we had a downpour of rain on the ride over so everything was wet at the GF.

For some reason we didn’t really want anything on the menu at the Gasparilla Grill so we split the ordinary old Disney chicken nuggets. Sorry no boring pic of the food but here’s one of the chandelier:
DSC09382.jpg

And the view right outside:

DSC09384.jpg

After that we hopped the monorail to MK.

As soon as we walked it we saw the train pull up so we ran up and caught a ride.

DSC09385.jpg

Lamp in the train:
DSC09386.jpg

We saw Woody at the Frontierland stop.
DSC09389.jpg

Some sights along the way:
DSC09390.jpg

DSC09391.jpg

DSC09392.jpg

Those rattle snakes are always there, weird.
DSC09394.jpg

These alligators must get fed pretty frequently, every time we've ridden by they have their heads raised looking for food.
DSC09395.jpg

We got off the train in Fantasyland and walked the back way to Tomorrowland were we watched the Carousal of Progress.

Then we got a Mickey ice cream sandwich and hopped on board the People Mover.
DSC09396.jpg

DSC09397.jpg

DSC09398.jpg

DSC09399.jpg

DSC09400.jpg

DSC09401.jpg

DSC09402.jpg

DSC09403.jpg

After that the crowds were pretty bad so we decided to head to the Poly.

As we were leaving though we saw the pre 3:00pm parade stuff pass by.

We were all the way back in Tomorroland but it was the Calliope!

I tried to run ahead and get a picture of it but the crowds were bad so that didn’t work out to well, plus I didn’t want to lose sight of CP.

Here are the only pictures I could get:

DSC09406.jpg

DSC09407.jpg

DSC09408.jpg

I wasn’t able to hear any music but based on other Fiends I guess it was playing.

As we were leaving MK it was trying to rain again. We started to head to the monorail but we noticed a boat was loading.

I voted for waiting for the monorail, CP voted for the boat since it was right there.

CP won…

We took the boat.

Guess what happened, it started to rain.
Then it stopped and started again and stopped...

At the GF the boat guy heard a call on the radio and wouldn’t load any passengers at GF, but he let people unload and then took us to the Poly.

Here’s the new GF DVC

DSC09411.jpg

DSC09412.jpg

DSC09414.jpg
We were pretty lucky with the rain it would start and stop.

Here’s CP’s opinion of the boat ride:

DSC09415.jpg

Here’s mine:

(notice its raining behind me)

DSC09416.jpg

As we pulled up to the Poly we saw they had just ran everyone out of the main pool.

DSC09418.jpg

We headed straight to our building just as the bottom fell out and it poured rain.

We decided to look around our building some here’s a view from the second floor towards the quiet pool.

DSC09419.jpg

I should add that our room was on the first floor and we could have walked straight out our lanai to the quiet pool. That sounds great but do you really want to leave your sliding glass door unlocked while at the pool? We didn’t therefore never used it.

Here’s the view from the end of our building, we thought about watching the fireworks from there one night, it would be a good view:

DSC09420.jpg

After that we relaxed at our room until it stopped raining and the sun came out, then we hit Captain Cooke’s for pulled pork nachos which we took to the quiet pool and enjoyed before more relaxing by the pool.

Up next we head back to Magic Kingdom!

WBI

Thanks for all the great pics!  I am with CP - always go with the boat. 

You have some really great views from your building!  How cool!

And, I have to ask, did you do CoP because CP needed a break?  Or you needed a nap?  :laugh:

I totally forgot - what were the dates of your trip?

Sorry for the update delay every one, life has been busy this week and now we're headed to Gainesville, FL for a wedding. But I'll get back to posting on Monday.

WBI

Word to the wise:  don't wear your LSU gear there.

Have fun.

Get a pic of you with the Tebow statue.

If you're looking for a good place to eat- try downtown Gainesville.  They have really fixed it up, and there are quite a few good places to eat.

TCD

You guys are funny.

The bride and groom are UF grads and still live there so I guess it is a great place for them, I'll let you know how it goes.

Tebow statue?

No thanks, the real Tebow already has a picture with us so I'm good.

We're having dinner downtown tonight and then meeting the wedding party for drinks. Any suggestions in a place for dinner?

WBI

You guys are funny.

The bride and groom are UF grads and still live there so I guess it is a great place for them, I'll let you know how it goes.

Tebow statue?

No thanks, the real Tebow already has a picture with us so I'm good.

We're having dinner downtown tonight and then meeting the wedding party for drinks. Any suggestions in a place for dinner?

WBI

OK, if you have a photo with Tebow, that means you need to pose with the Spurrier or Wuerffel statue then.

I took Twin #1 to a place called Dragonfly Sushi in downtown Gainesville earlier this month.  She found out about it on the What Would Ryan Lochte Do? show.  If you like sushi and/or Japanese, it was very good.

Other than that, I can't help you.  All the places I used to go are gone.

TCD

Sadly....no more big biscuits at Skeeter's. 

Very, very sad.

Joe's Deli is gone.

The Purple Porpoise is gone.

The bar whose name I can't remember (maybe it didn't have a name?) on the corner of SW 13th near my crappy apartment is a giant CVS drug store.

Now, it's all sushi restaurants and copy-cat hippy pizza places.

TCD

Very, very sad.

Joe's Deli is gone.

The bar whose name I can't remember (maybe it didn't have a name?) on the corner of SW 13th near my crappy apartment is a giant CVS drug store.

TCD

I didn't know Joe's was gone.  Been a while since I've been in Gainesville.  But I remember some great sandwiches there.  Well, the memories may be a bit vague.  Not sure why. 

Sorry WBI....guess you don't need a Gainesville memories hijack. 

I didn't know Joe's was gone.  Been a while since I've been in Gainesville.  But I remember some great sandwiches there.  Well, the memories may be a bit vague.  Not sure why. 

What's wrong with a Gainesville hijack?

You wouldn't recognize some areas of Gainesville.  I know I didn't.  There are giant apartment buildings behind the wall on SW 13th, and that railroad bridge that crosses there is now a bike trail.  All the graffiti is painted over, and they are trying to make it look nice.  I remember them trying to fix that up when I was there, and many times since, and the graffiti always reappears.

You really wouldn't recognize downtown Gainesville.  I didn't even know there was a downtown Gainesville.  It's all fixed up and nice now.

University Avenue and the campus look pretty much the same, but everywhere around it is changed.

TCD

A new baby is so exciting, so happy for you both! Love the trip report. 

I figured that y'all planned for CP to be the decoy while you snuck in the animation place to get the sunglasses! Good Plan!!

I am definitely NOT a gator fan, but I have spent some time in Gainesville. I found the folks there to be surprisingly friendly. I hope y'all enjoy the wedding this weekend.

We made it back from Florida so I'm going to respond to some comments and try to get another post up.

That WOULD be a good spot to watch fireworks.  Did you ever get around to it? 

No we never made it over there to watch them from there.

I see the Samoa building in the quiet pool shot!

That would be a great fireworks view from that landing.

Yup that was your building!

nice hustle getting the calliope pics!

Boat vs. monorail is not a bad choice to have. Unless its packed, then i would rather take boat for sure.

Open air is your friend.

Thanks, yes I'm normally a boat person but with a threat of rain I was hesitant

A+ for the calliope photos.

Glad you were able to make it back on that boat and beat the rain.  I would imagine that there are times, if the weather gets bad enough, that they make everyone exit the boat.  That would have been bad if they had done that to you at the GF.

TCD

Thanks!

Yes it would have been bad, the driver actually said we might have to exit but then didn't make us.

Thanks for all the great pics!  I am with CP - always go with the boat. 

You have some really great views from your building!  How cool!

And, I have to ask, did you do CoP because CP needed a break?  Or you needed a nap?  :laugh:

I totally forgot - what were the dates of your trip?

No problem.

We were there July 2nd to July 7th.

haha we did the CoP for both of those reasons, plus we kind of liked it.

Great shot of the calliope.  I agree with CP about the rainy boat ride.  Thumbs up! 

Thanks!

I'll let CP know that everyone agrees with her about choosing the boat.

OK, if you have a photo with Tebow, that means you need to pose with the Spurrier or Wuerffel statue then.

I took Twin #1 to a place called Dragonfly Sushi in downtown Gainesville earlier this month.  She found out about it on the What Would Ryan Lochte Do? show.  If you like sushi and/or Japanese, it was very good.

Other than that, I can't help you.  All the places I used to go are gone.

TCD

Yeah we met Tebow a couple years ago when he spoke in Naples.

We didn't post with the Spurrier or Wuerffel but I did take a picture of them as we drove by.

Dragonfly was the only place we knew also, and that's exactly where we went.  It was really good.

Downtown was really nice, a lot better than the last time I was there.

Oh we did try a new burger place downtown called Relish.

It's a custom burger type place, I think its a chain but it was really good.

It was a little pricey but you should give it a shot one day if you want a burger.

Sadly....no more big biscuits at Skeeter's. 

I don't know about Skeeter's but have you ever been to a Flying Biscuit?

They have one in Gainesville, its very good breakfast!

Very, very sad.

Joe's Deli is gone.

TCD

Most of the bars that my friends went to over the last 15 years are still there, most are pretty crappy but I'm sure they are still very popular.

We hit a newer one called Tall Paul's that had a lot of craft beers, some even brewed on site.  It was a pretty cool place but it was downtown.

WBI

I didn't know Joe's was gone. Been a while since I've been in Gainesville. But I remember some great sandwiches there. Well, the memories may be a bit vague. Not sure why.

It's ok I brought this hijack on.

What's wrong with a Gainesville hijack?

You wouldn't recognize some areas of Gainesville. I know I didn't. There are giant apartment buildings behind the wall on SW 13th, and that railroad bridge that crosses there is now a bike trail. All the graffiti is painted over, and they are trying to make it look nice. I remember them trying to fix that up when I was there, and many times since, and the graffiti always reappears.

You really wouldn't recognize downtown Gainesville. I didn't even know there was a downtown Gainesville. It's all fixed up and nice now.

University Avenue and the campus look pretty much the same, but everywhere around it is changed.

TCD

I agree, the first time I went was in 2004 for an LSU game, we won by the way, and a lot has changed since then.

Even the campus looked lot have a lot of new buildings.

As you said downtown has changed a lot.

I took a picture of the bridge on my phone for you, i'll have to try and post it.

A new baby is so exciting, so happy for you both! Love the trip report.

I figured that y'all planned for CP to be the decoy while you snuck in the animation place to get the sunglasses! Good Plan!!

I am definitely NOT a gator fan, but I have spent some time in Gainesville. I found the folks there to be surprisingly friendly. I hope y'all enjoy the wedding this weekend.

Thank you! We are very excited.

The weekend went really well, we had a good time.

The wedding was on Campus at the Baughman Center overlooking the lake, it was really nice.

Ok on with the report.

WBI

Moving on, its still Friday afternoon, we’ve had our daily relaxing at the Poly and now it’s time to head back to Magic Kingdom. We didn’t really have a goal this afternoon just going with the flow.

The sky was still pretty cloudy so we took our umbrellas with us, but left the poncho’s (we actually did that almost every day this trip).

DSC09421.jpg

Even with everything wet there were still lots of people around:
DSC09423.jpg

We headed back to Frontierland and saw the Country Bear Jamboree (it’s a favorite of mine).
DSC09424.jpg

DSC09425.jpg

Did you know they changed it? I knew it had closed for a refurb but I thought I had been there since then. Evidently they changed it some more, eliminating a few songs. The five bear rugs only sang one solo instead of two, and the little bear holding the teddy bear doesn’t make his usual noise.

There was another song missing but I can’t remember it now, plus I’m pretty sure eliminating that song meant that one of the bears didn’t make an appearance.

I’m sure most people don’t notice but why would you make the show shorter?

Didn’t they make the Tiki Birds shorter too?

What’s up with that, is it a sign of America’s ADD?

Probably so.

DSC09426.jpg

DSC09427.jpg

Liberty Square:

DSC09428.jpg

This was our first trip since the Tangled area has been open so we stopped in here quite a few times and looked for that frog thing?

DSC09429.jpg

It is a nice bathroom area.

DSC09430.jpg

Then we headed to new Fantasyland.
DSC09431.jpg

I had wanted to try a Lafou’s Brew.

Would you believe there wasn’t a single table open?

But we did find one chair free that would hold both of us:
DSC09432.jpg

DSC09433.jpg

I don’t know why but that chair was empty every time we went in there.

I really liked the details in here, especially the trusses, look at those curved members:

Also a fan of antlers in decorating.

DSC09435.jpg

DSC09436.jpg

Outside details:

DSC09437.jpg

DSC09438.jpg

DSC09439.jpg

DSC09440.jpg

I call this looking “over crowds and mine roller coaster construction to see back side of the castle with clouds” glad I shortened that title.

DSC09441.jpg

Please note this fan thing was not working while we were there.

DSC09442.jpg

The Beast Castle force perspective doesn’t always work.

DSC09443.jpg

Pinocchio’s haus seems to fit really well there, look at all his details.

DSC09444.jpg

I don’t like how open the concrete is in this area where Dumbo used to be, but I get that it’s a lot less congested now so I guess its ok, I just feel like a tree and shade would make it a little nicer.

At this point we realized we hadn’t eaten recently so we headed to an old favorite, Peco’s Bills. We split some awesome burger there, with an onion ring and bacon on it. Sorry no picture, I never realized how bad I was at getting food pictures.

I will say this we walked way to the back of Peco’s Bills to a room that’s actually part of Tortuga Tavern sometimes, it was super quiet and empty, very nice hideaway amongst all the crowds.

Then we rode Pirates of the Caribbean again.

DSC09446.jpg

I forgot to say I finally saw the Mermaid effects, they were pretty neat, but I wouldn’t’ have known what it was if I hadn’t been looking for it. I tried to point it out to the people behind us and they didn’t believe me at all.

After Pirates I tried something I’ve always wanted to, the Citrus Swirl at the Sunshine Terrace. I don’t know why but I never had one. I’ve also never had a Dole Whip, but its because I don’t like pineapple.

Citrus Swirl Review: Dislike. That thing was tart, holy wow, I tried to eat all the vanilla ice cream out of it but gave up and threw most of it away.

At this point we weren’t sure what to do so we headed back to new Fantasyland to see it at night:

DSC09448.jpg

DSC09449.jpg

DSC09450.jpg

DSC09451.jpg

DSC09452.jpg

DSC09453.jpg

We really liked it at night, they did a really good job on this area.

I’m at the max for pictures so I’ll wrap this up in another post.

WBI