A quickie but goodie: Rocky Bayou SP, FL

The porta crib was clutch at the beach. Especially, since Bode likes to eat the sand. I need to get one of those fat tire beach carts to haul our junk out there. 

We really like to get outdoors. I try to get the kids out as much as possible. They like to learn about geology and biology. They are always taking leaf samples and rocks back home.

It wasn't too hot there at the park. There is tons of shade. The skeeters were bad the first 2 days, but they were a lot better later in the week. If you kept moving it wasn't an issue. 

I haven't been to FL caverns yet. I really want to stay at Blackwater River SP now. I would like to do the river float back down to the campground. 

A buddy of mine is an architect with the state park system. They put a lot of effort into the parks. 

Mittens are a lot lighter than a pack n play….just a thought.

I'm with you on the outdoor thing.  That is why I am so eager to get out of the whole subdivision life…….grew up in a rural area with miles of woods, fields, creeks, etc. to play in.

The work your friends and his colleagues do is evident.  I love how they have made the natural areas convenient and comfortable for us to explore without being to obtrusive about it.

Forgot to mention the first time, holy wow your camper is big!  Now that is not something you can bring to every state park CG.  Tight turns and low canopies galore!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who like the butthurt comment, please keep this form handy if butthurt is witnessed.    

Find me a college town not populated by dumb people and I'll buy your next Main St Bakery Cinnamon Roll. 

Thank You for writing your trip report. I don't post very often but I enjoy reading each and every report!

Caught up.  

I started reading while I was on vacation, but had limited internet access.  

Between Kelly's Topsail report and this one, I am seriously thinking we need to take a family trip to the beach.  

Yvonne, there are some great ones on the Atlantic side too……been to many of them, if you're interested or are ever on that side of the state……..

Just getting caught up and love the TR.  I enjoy both the Fort and non-Fort trip reports because I might never get to these areas to see these places. But they motivate me to really find a way to make it happen. 

Our kids are in that middle-school, high school phase and long trips are harder to come by.  My parents tried to warn me, and I remember it well now.  Growing up we had campers and would travel a lot until the high school days.  Take advantage of the "less scheduled" years and being able to hit the road for spontaneous trips now!  You might be limited to short weekends soon, just a phase.

But thanks for posting and please post more.  I like the trail/hike reports and the kayaking trips.  Something I need to add to my bucket list - kayaking.

Our kids are in that middle-school, high school phase and long trips are harder to come by.  My parents tried to warn me, and I remember it well now.  Growing up we had campers and would travel a lot until the high school days.  Take advantage of the "less scheduled" years and being able to hit the road for spontaneous trips now!  You might be limited to short weekends soon, just a phase.

As much as I wanted to believe that wouldn't happen to us....it happened.  And even getting in a short weekend trip takes a lot of planning now, with 2 kids that have to ask off work plus all the assorted activities they are all in.  I miss the days of hitting the road whenever I wanted, and only having to work it out with my work schedule.