A quickie but goodie: Rocky Bayou SP, FL

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who like the butthurt comment, please keep this form handy if butthurt is witnessed.    

Find me a college town not populated by dumb people and I'll buy your next Main St Bakery Cinnamon Roll. 

Thank You for writing your trip report. I don't post very often but I enjoy reading each and every report!

Late to the party....catching up on some TRs tonight.

I always enjoy your TRs also so please don't stop writing them.

I echo what others said about TRs from places I have never been.

In fact, my favorite TR that I wrote was the one from Amish country I wrote last year.......nothing Disney related on that trip.

The kayaking looked fun.

With an EZ up and a beer cooler, I could beach it all day!

I loved the pic of your boy in the porta-crib on the beach!

I really enjoyed this TR! The pics are great and your family is adorable. So glad to see so many pics of the CG. Makes me want to do a better job! I'm a Floridian (no wise-cracks, we are only 25% of FL population so aren't responsible for the bone-headed things that go on here) but I am never sure which parks to try in the Panhandle. Based on your pics, I would definitely give Rocky Bayou a try. Thanks for posting!!!! :D

My favorite line is "Never feed alligators"

Oh whew! Good thing you told me that because I was just about to hand one my sandwich.

...or my hand.

Somewhere in FL, some lady had some part of her body bitten off by an alligator and guess what was in his belly? Chicken pieces. Dummy was feeding it.

ETA my mom said it had hamburger in its belly, not chicken. It was in a canal in Leesburg.

My favorite line is "Never feed alligators"

Oh whew! Good thing you told me that because I was just about to hand one my sandwich.

...or my hand.

Somewhere in FL, some lady had some part of her body bitten off by an alligator and guess what was in his belly? Chicken pieces. Dummy was feeding it.

That's the biggest problem. Folks come down and think it's a big adventure to feed a gator. They have very simple brains (gators I mean) - food association...human...duh! Maybe I mean humans too. :/

Back in my young and stupid days (as opposed to my current old and stupid phase) when I was in school in Gainesville, there was a small alligator living in a pond near our dorms. We discovered that it liked Dove Bars. I'm sure alcohol was involved. Man were we dumb.

Dumb people in Gainesville? Ha ha ha

Back in my young and stupid days (as opposed to my current old and stupid phase) when I was in school in Gainesville, there was a small alligator living in a pond near our dorms. We discovered that it liked Dove Bars. I'm sure alcohol was involved. Man were we dumb.

Dumb things involving alcohol in college is probably it's own longggggg post. I would be brave enough to post my young stupid days. Even the ones I remember.

Dumb things involving alcohol in college is probably it's own longggggg post. I would be brave enough to post my young stupid days. Even the ones I remember.

Been trying to catch up on TR's I missed in the past few months, and haven't quite gotten to this point, but your title intrigued me enough to stop by and read them out of order.  A quickie?  How could I not read what that was all about?  hehehehe  Then I discovered it was actually about camping, but I wasn't disappointed.

Wow, your son is getting really big!  And, I have to say you are the only person I have ever seen bring a pack n play to the beach!  And I live here!

I always enjoy your TR's because you do many of the same things we do like the hikes.  Was it very hot and/or buggy on that trail?  Have you been to FL caverns yet?  They've got great trails, too - in addition to the caves.

One of the things that I will miss a lot when we leave FL are our wonderful state parks.  They are some of the best things about FL if you ask me, but not many natives take advantage.  So far they haven't been put on the chopping block like so many other state and county services and I hope it stays that way.  I'll be back when we retire and I intend to spend a lot of time exploring them!

Been trying to catch up on TR's I missed in the past few months, and haven't quite gotten to this point, but your title intrigued me enough to stop by and read them out of order.  A quickie?  How could I not read what that was all about?  hehehehe  Then I discovered it was actually about camping, but I wasn't disappointed.

Wow, your son is getting really big!  And, I have to say you are the only person I have ever seen bring a pack n play to the beach!  And I live here!

I always enjoy your TR's because you do many of the same things we do like the hikes.  Was it very hot and/or buggy on that trail?  Have you been to FL caverns yet?  They've got great trails, too - in addition to the caves.

One of the things that I will miss a lot when we leave FL are our wonderful state parks.  They are some of the best things about FL if you ask me, but not many natives take advantage.  So far they haven't been put on the chopping block like so many other state and county services and I hope it stays that way.  I'll be back when we retire and I intend to spend a lot of time exploring them!

The porta crib was clutch at the beach. Especially, since Bode likes to eat the sand. I need to get one of those fat tire beach carts to haul our junk out there. 

We really like to get outdoors. I try to get the kids out as much as possible. They like to learn about geology and biology. They are always taking leaf samples and rocks back home.

It wasn't too hot there at the park. There is tons of shade. The skeeters were bad the first 2 days, but they were a lot better later in the week. If you kept moving it wasn't an issue. 

I haven't been to FL caverns yet. I really want to stay at Blackwater River SP now. I would like to do the river float back down to the campground. 

A buddy of mine is an architect with the state park system. They put a lot of effort into the parks.