Thanks for the tip. I guess that's what that mystery switch was for?

Anyway smart guy, we spent very little, if any, time sitting around outside in the heat during the the day.

We were either out and about, or inside the MH. It was the middle of summer.

And that's what makes the world go round.

And I'm with you on the CS, never used them during our 3 times at the Fort.

The bladder of steel.

I'm still trying to figure out how Gwen manages an entire vacation without using a comfort station without causing a real pain in the old Wallaroo.

Am I ever going to live down the Wallaroo?   :rofl2:

Just the two of us in a moho with a split bath.  And a washer/dryer. 

The only time we need a comfort station is when we're out and about on the golf cart and one of us has to go.  Which is rarely (at least for David, anyway).

Aren't all RV'ers campers?  Whether we have a tent or a million dollar+ motorhome, we still camp.  It's a lifestyle.  

Can living in a MH equipped with wide screen TVs with surround sound inside and out, a full kitchen, full bath, multiple ACs, and a queen bed, be considered camping? Are the full timers at the Fort camping?

I call it bringing your second home to a different location.

Can living in a MH equipped with wide screen TVs with surround sound inside and out, a full kitchen, full bath, multiple ACs, and a queen bed, be considered camping?

I call it bringing your second home to a different location.

Yes, it is camping!  Although we don't have surround sound outside.  Just to make that clear.

Yes, we bring our second home with us.  Yes, we love its amenities.  We started out with 7 people sleeping in a travel trailer.  And we were fortunate to have that.  The two boys on the floor and everyone else had beds.

Yes, our children have grown up.  We don't need all the beds any more.  And my father has passed away, so that eliminates another bed.

But we still love camping!  It's a lifestyle that we have appreciated through the many years and don't want to give up.

I always keep a shovel handy in case the stalls are occupied in the CS.

When we had a MH, I still took my girls camping.  We still went to the lake and fished, and had a fire to make smores.  We went on hikes, and we sat around at night watching for shooting stars.  We did the same things that we did when we camped in our popup, as well as now that we have a travel trailer.  I think camping is a frame of mind.  It is getting away from daily life, enjoying our families and the great outdoors, and what you sleep in isn't relevant. 

Now, on the other hand I agree with Lou regarding people who simply take life to a different location.  When my parents were still RVing, they took their MH to a campground but then proceeded to live their normal lives.  They had their computer and checked emails.  My Mom would still watch her soap opera (are those even on anymore), and they'd have their drink before dinner.  Then they'd get showered and watch TV before bed.  I would not call that camping.  They just lived life in a different place temporarily.  That was RVing. 

So that is my opinion for what it's worth.  Which is pretty much what you paid for membership to this site. 

Yes, it is camping!  Although we don't have surround sound outside.  Just to make that clear.

Yes, we bring our second home with us.  Yes, we love its amenities.  We started out with 7 people sleeping in a travel trailer.  And we were fortunate to have that.  The two boys on the floor and everyone else had beds.

Yes, our children have grown up.  We don't need all the beds any more.  And my father has passed away, so that eliminates another bed.

But we still love camping!  It's a lifestyle that we have appreciated through the many years and don't want to give up.

We'll have to agree to disagree, I don't consider it camping. I call it RVing.

When we had a MH, I still took my girls camping.  We still went to the lake and fished, and had a fire to make smores.  We went on hikes, and we sat around at night watching for shooting stars.  We did the same things that we did when we camped in our popup, as well as now that we have a travel trailer.  I think camping is a frame of mind.  It is getting away from daily life, enjoying our families and the great outdoors, and what you sleep in isn't relevant. 

Now, on the other hand I agree with Lou regarding people who simply take life to a different location.  When my parents were still RVing, they took their MH to a campground but then proceeded to live their normal lives.  They had their computer and checked emails.  My Mom would still watch her soap opera (are those even on anymore), and they'd have their drink before dinner.  Then they'd get showered and watch TV before bed.  I would not call that camping.  They just lived life in a different place temporarily.  That was RVing. 

So that is my opinion for what it's worth.  Which is pretty much what you paid for membership to this site. 

Gwen this pains me but I have to agree with the boys.  Here is why.  I don't camp.  I Fulltime RV.  There is just a difference.  There is a difference between full-time RVing and camping, at least.  They are -

When I just camped I liked a good campfire, now when a neighbor lights up a fire everything in my house stinks for a week.  

I love a good sunset but sometimes a girl just needs some dumb TV to escape into.

All that setup campers do for a weekend... after 6 months on the road, you only get a chair out of the back of the truck when you need it or when Lou comes to visit.  Then you just hope it's not rotted from rain or something.  (hehehe)(Lou, Shawn bought two new ones for you to try from camping world)

Why sit inside and not outside?  Well frankly, when you do actually have someone over and you can invite them into your house, it's a nice change.

Campers pull in, spend at least an hour getting setup, light there fires, crack open the brewskies, cook their meals, and relax.

Fulltimers pull in, spend 30 minutes max setting up (because you've eliminated anything unnecessary), go inside, cook their meal, and typically zone out after a day of driving or go out to eat.

And that's just a start.  

It's funny when people ask me why i check my email, check ff.net, post pics, watch TV, etc while at the Fort. The only difference for a fulltimer between being at the Fort (besides the best comfort stations I have ever seen, campfire sing-a-long, truly level concrete pads, and silly amount of luxuries you get and a better laundry room) and the campground I am in now is the ability to hope a boat or bus to a theme park.  AND THERE ARE NO OPEN CAMPFIRES ALLOWED AT THE FORT!  Oh, and the kids are typically on school vacation while at the Fort.  These reasons are probably why I enjoy park time so much, it's a change of pace for me.  Did I mention there are no bonfires allowed at the Fort?

And you know what Gwen, there is not a durn thing wrong with that.  Most campers don't' mind using the comfort stations amenities.  Truthfully some Fulltimers never run water in their showers either.  me personally, I prefer my toilet, my shower, and not having to haul all my crap to the comfort stations daily (not to mention having to smell other peoples....).  

So don't defend, Gwen, embrace that you are different.  I do. (For the record, Lou would totally be an Rver not a camper.  Buddy wouldn't allow anything so ordinary as camping)

**forgot that I knew Lou had been an Rver and missed the part above where he mentioned it... )

Edited by Nicki aka Rebelstand

Dave, I so agree that camping is a frame of mind.  And also your definition of RVing.

I also agree with Lou and Nicki.  Everyone has made great points.

The bottom line here is that we all agree on the lifestyle.  Whether we sleep in a tent or in the world's most expensive motorhome doesn't matter; we all love it.  We have our own units and enjoy the freedom we experience in campgrounds.