Don't they have the same menu?

The Luau menu was not even close to the HDDR menu when I went.  Has it changed?

When I went to the Luau, admittedly several years ago, the menu was something like Mahi Mahi, some type of hawaiian bread, fruit, etc.

Not exactly the chicken and ribs I have grown to love at HDDR and Trails End.

Have always enjoyed the HDDR, but I haven't been since the whole crew got swapped. But in my experience the best time to go is the late show. The cast will not be under pressure to wrap at a certain time, they are a little looser and tend to play off each other a little more. Them trying to crack each other up (and sometimes succeeding) is sometimes better than the scripted jokes. If you've never been, you ought to try it once.

Have always enjoyed the HDDR, but I haven't been since the whole crew got swapped. But in my experience the best time to go is the late show. The cast will not be under pressure to wrap at a certain time, they are a little looser and tend to play off each other a little more. Them trying to crack each other up (and sometimes succeeding) is sometimes better than the scripted jokes. If you've never been, you ought to try it once.

Last time we went I did miss the giggley blond. The new girl was good but didn't have that infectious giggle.

We've been to the Luau several times.  The main course is grilled chicken. Some of the food is similar to Ohanna.  Our first time we went, the show was a traditional Luau.  Now, it is a "story" either about a young girl leaving for college and being nervous and reminders that she should remember Ohana, OR the young girl is coming home from college on the Mainland and has forgotten her Polynesian culture and Ohanna and they have to encourage her to remember where she came from.

They also have folks come up for birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoons, and do a dance, and they have the traditional Polynesian dancers woven throughout the story.