GaDawgFan's family and mine went together a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. A first time for us and it was hilarious.

Very true! We were all cracking up, especially my four year old (and that surprised me). We've always skipped it because of the cost, but I thought it was worth it. Your gratuity is also included, so keep that in mind.

While it IS expensive, when you consider that you get dinner, a couple hours of entertainment, and adult beverages, it puts it somewhat in perspective. Most Disney buffets are $30 and up, and beers are $8, so have a few and eat a bunch!

Poor mans hoop de doo review-

1. Go to trails end and get a GAG

2. Stand out in front of pioneer hall and try to get a Kodak moment with one of the stage actors as they enter the hall

3. Eat your GAG on a picnic in front of pioneer hall and listen to the faint music from the show

4. Save yourself hundreds of dollars-.....priceless

Bonus- bring your iPad or tablet and enjoy watching a you tube video of the hoop de doo revue as you enjoy your GAG while mooching the free wi fi.......double priceless

We've been several times and it has always been fun, As was mentioned the "Younger generation" really seem to enjoy it. Here is our grandson in 2009.

100_0928.jpg

The last time we went we didn't want all the "heavy food" and found out the chef will make a lighter fare if you want it.

What is the lighter fare?

I had grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies and Linda had a strawberry chicken salad. The chef came out to our table and asked us what we would like. All they ask is you give them a couple days notice if you would like something different.

I had grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies and Linda had a strawberry chicken salad. The chef came out to our table and asked us what we would like. All they ask is you give them a couple days notice if you would like something different.

Great news!  If I can talk David into attending, I will most definitely do that!

I have reservations for HDDR and staying at the campground. Can you tell me where to pick up the tickets at Fort Wilderness besides the box office?

Best bet IMO is the Concierge Window, which is at Pioneer Hall.  If you are standing in front of Pioneer Hall looking at the entrance to the HDDR, the Concierge Window is on the left side of the building to the left of the bathrooms.  They can print them there and hand them to you. 

I love the show and our stay at the fort doesn't seem complete without it now. We try for the late show because when I'm done eating the fried chicken and BBQ ribs I'm done for the night. Last time I ate so much there wasn't even room for the rest of my sangria and wifegot to drive the GC back to the MH. LOL

We enjoy the Backyard Bar B Que and the HDDR very much.  Both are costly but our children love both of them.  Shawnee, of course, loves the baked beans and bread.   Kimberly just loves all the music and laughing.  Last Spring when we went we took one of our former foster children (who now calls us Nana and Pop Paw) who was 10.  She loved the HDDR better than anything she said.

She ate good and she had a ball.  Not sure how a 2 year old would react to it but everytime we have gone we have never seen a child that didn't seem to be enjoy it all.  In fact our then 2 month old slept through the entire show.  I guess she liked the music too.

We will probably do both of those shows again this year if the vacation savings account will allow it.  LOL  I have not been to the LuAu in more than 25 years but would love for Ken and me to be able to go sometime without the kids.  Maybe after Christmas if some of the kids and grandkids join us there.  They never mind babysitting so we can do something for just us.

I have reservations for HDDR and staying at the campground. Can you tell me where to pick up the tickets at Fort Wilderness besides the box office?

You can get them at the Outpost and I think they will also get them for you when you check in as well, just ask.