Nardelli's Grinder Shoppe- Middletown, CT

There was some recent discussion on Grinder's so I decided to go get some Grinder's from our favorite local place for dinner. 

I have pictures too.  ;D

DSC04886_zps89450cfd.jpg

Nardelli's has a few locations now around the state. They slice the meat when you order and you can very much customize things however you like it. 

DSC04887_zps05e1bec8.jpg

Their list of Grinder's. Notice there is no mention of a sub or hoagie anywhere on the board. 

Here is a picture of their prepared foods and additional grinder options. 

DSC04888_zps97deb076.jpg

They consistently get voted as teh number 1 Grinder shoppe in the state.

DSC04890_zps04af53b0.jpg

The wall says so. LOL

We did not have any soup this day.

DSC04889_zps9c567a6d.jpg

They also have great desserts and take home Italian options. 

DSC04891_zps38442d12.jpg

These are my favorites. 

DSC04893_zpsc40b94a4.jpg

And here is what the Large Italian Combo looks like. 

DSC04894_zps7ca9ca7f.jpg

Cross Section

DSC04895_zpsba2a2855.jpg

DSC04896_zpsd19a5750.jpg

Oh and for kickers I have a video for you. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUIoggQf9ig

but don't listen to the voice over guy. They are Grinder's

they do look good, but I think we have better bread here. did you both get the same type? and the dessert options look awesome.

We did. I am not sure how you could have better bread. That is a loaf of fresh baked Italian Bread used in each large Grinder.

Sounds like a challenge is in order.  Here's what you do...both of you get your best local sub/grinder/hoagie, and be at my house Saturday at 6pm CT.  I'll supply the Russian beer, and will then decide which sandwich is best. 

Sounds like a challenge is in order.  Here's what you do...both of you get your best local sub/grinder/hoagie, and be at my house Saturday at 6pm CT.  I'll supply the Russian beer, and will then decide which sandwich is best. 

Sorry Dave. I am camping with Fiends this weekend. 

Those Grinder's look interesting but I don't like sesame seeds on my Grinder.

I don't normally like sesame seeds on anything (except a Big Mac!) but their bread is awesome. Only thing is you have to order the medium or larger to get the good bread. The smallest size has different bread. Looks more like what your bread is.

Did I mention I like American hoagies? They are my favorite, but you can't get them all everywhere so an Italian is my back up. Lots of mayo and little oil and vinegar.

Call it what you will; Yankee bread is the best.

It's the water.  That's why we can't get great bread in the south.  Or so a baker that moved here from Chicago told me.  He brought water down with him to bake with and the results were much better than using local water.  something about the mineral content. 

Oh man, we lived in Wyandotte, MI for a couple of years (10 years ago) and ate loads of grinders from Mancino's.   I seriously miss them! 

I have not had anything like those grinders since we moved back south.  I have threatened to contact them and have them dry ice mail me a few!