Same dates, Oct 6th to Oct 31 with the KOA discount is $1650. Same dates at the FORT with AAA $2000 so the difference is $14.00 a day. Christmas with the KOA discount it is $72.00 and their rates are all based on 6 peope max. (Children 17 under) So if your family went there you'd pay additional for the girls and I think its aroud 5-6 more per extra person so that would around $90.

The KOA is off of Orlo Bronson (192 I think) next door to SAMS and the sites are tight.

Forgot to add: And you definitely can't go looping. :rofl3:

OK, well hang on.

At the KOA, for the week of 12/26/13-1/2/14, I am getting a quote of $70 a night for a full hook-up site.

I can't look up what the Fort would cost for that same period, because they are saying no availability, even though we all know there's availability. For whatever reason, they block out dates and don't let people reserve.  But that's another story.  However, I'll bet that a full hook up site goes for at least $125 a night at the Fort during Christmas break.  That's a lot more than the KOA.  Premium sites probably are at double what a KOA site would cost.  Is it worth it?  Apparently, yes.  The Fort will be full during Christmas break.

TCD

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not let a TA do it and watch the sales for you? I wish I would have learned that trick a long time ago.

OK, well hang on.

At the KOA, for the week of 12/26/13-1/2/14, I am getting a quote of $70 a night for a full hook-up site.

I can't look up what the Fort would cost for that same period, because they are saying no availability, even though we all know there's availability. For whatever reason, they block out dates and don't let people reserve.  But that's another story.  However, I'll bet that a full hook up site goes for at least $125 a night at the Fort during Christmas break.  That's a lot more than the KOA.  Premium sites probably are at double what a KOA site would cost.  Is it worth it?  Apparently, yes.  The Fort will be full during Christmas break.

TCD

But don't forget the FORT is for 10 and KOA is for 6, with no more than 2 people over 17. So for a couple is the FORT a "great" deal no, but for a large family or mom dad kids and grandparents (which I've see quite a few times) yes.

But don't forget the FORT is for 10 and KOA is for 6, with no more than 2 people over 17. So for a couple is the FORT a "great" deal no, but for a large family or mom dad kids and grandparents (which I've see quite a few times) yes.

I agree.  And, the Fort includes transportation all over WDW, parking at the parks, Extra Magic Hours, the campfire and movie, etc.  And, I'm sure the landscaping and aesthetics of the Fort are far superior to the KOA.

But, throw all of those extras in, and the peak and holiday rates on the premiums sites at the Fort are still too high.  However, as long as the campground fills up, those rates are not coming down.

And here's something controversial.  I wish that the Fort would do something like the KOA's and charge extra for adults, and limit the sites to parties of six (except for DIT).  Every time I've been to the Fort lately, I've seen sites overloaded with people.  Make them pay, and that will stop.

TCD

If you would like a rate for this Christmas I can give you partial numbers from the ressie I had.

12/23/2013, Check-out: 01/01/2014 Date

Rate per Night

Mon, Dec 23 $97.00

Tue, Dec 24 $97.00

Wed, Dec 25 $97.00

Thu, Dec 26 $97.00

Fri, Dec 27 $97.00

Sat, Dec 28 $97.00

Sun, Dec 29 $97.00

Mon, Dec 30 $97.00

Tue, Dec 31 $97.00

Grand Total (tax included)

$ 982.08

Grand Total (tax inlcuded) $982.08

This was rate btw

And here's something controversial.  I wish that the Fort would do something like the KOA's and charge extra for adults, and limit the sites to parties of six (except for DIT).  Every time I've been to the Fort lately, I've seen sites overloaded with people.  Make them pay, and that will stop.

TCD

Totally agree. Site should be for Mom, dad and "dependent" children living at home even if more than 10.

If you would like a rate for this Christmas I can give you partial numbers from the ressie I had.

12/23/2013, Check-out: 01/01/2014 Date

Rate per Night

Mon, Dec 23 $97.00

Tue, Dec 24 $97.00

Wed, Dec 25 $97.00

Thu, Dec 26 $97.00

Fri, Dec 27 $97.00

Sat, Dec 28 $97.00

Sun, Dec 29 $97.00

Mon, Dec 30 $97.00

Tue, Dec 31 $97.00

Grand Total (tax included)

$ 982.08

Grand Total (tax inlcuded) $982.08

This was rate btw

What level site Jason?

Sorry should have done the wording better. This was a Partial Site.

So, that $97 a night for a tent site is right in line with the quote of $96.19 that started this thread way back in the first post. I'll bet that $141.61 a night for a premium site was right too.

With tax, you're paying $109.12 a night, which is up $5.62 a night from the $103.50 a night I paid last year.

TCD

I say it's the Disney fort wilderness field of dreams

- build it and they will come

- increase rates each year and they will come

- jack up rates during peak times and they will come

- eliminate extra magic hours and they will come

- totally camouflage the Florida resident perks/discounts and they will come

- out price all the fiends and people who just want to show their family Walts dream and the Brazilian tour groups along with th Antartic group will come

Hi, everyone!  I'm a new member here, just wanting to chime in about the new 2014 rates.  It seems these rates are not disturbing too many people because when I called yesterday to book our annual two weeks in January, there was absolutely nothing available except tent sites.  What's going on? Have I just been super lucky the past three years to get a site in January?  When I panicked and called WDW, the CM said to wait for a few weeks as they had not "opened" January yet.  But another poster already has a reservation.  What am I doing wrong?

I was talking to my wife last night about the posts and the increasing prices.  It is hard to swallow spending $60 + a night for a partial hookup site (we just got a tent). 

We have been utilizing Priceline name your own bids for the last couple of years to do extended weekend trips to the Disney area.  We have lucked out most of the time getting nice hotels and amenities.  Our best deal so far has been the Embassy Suites for $35 a night with free breakfast and evening (adult beverages) happy hours. 

But, when you look at the things to do at the Fort, and start comparing the free things you get to what you have to pay for in the real world, it doesn't seem to be as bad and takes some of the sting out of the price. 

Look at the ferry ride to Caladesi island, a 20 minute trip for $14 round trip.  Disney price around Bay Lake $0. 

Swimming with a water slide $0 at the Fort, $5 to park at a community splash ground in Oldsmar. 

Bike trails, well most places they are free, but you may have to contend with traffic and unsavory characters. 

Campfire and a movie?  Most communities won't take the liability for a campfire, and some charge for the dive in movies or movies on the green.

For your Disney $$$ you do get a lot of nice features that may nickle and dime you on the outside. 

That said, I would like to see the $10 1977 prices come back!  :-)

Disney also allows 10 people per camp site.  If you are traveling with more than 2 adults this can add up too.

I was looking at Frontier Town in Ocean City, MD to compare the prices.  You have to take a shuttle or drive to the beach.  Here they are:

Full Hook-up:  range from 45 to 101 for 2 adults depending on dates

Children 11 to 16:  $6

Adults:  $12

Guests:  $6 to $12 depending on dates

You get 1 car and a 2nd car is $2

Maximum is 6 people per site

Only one MH, camper, 5th wheel, tent per site

Pets:  limited to 2

$150 deposit that is refunded in no damage to site

$50 charge per pet

No bikes after sunset

If anyone has visited Frontier Town, maybe they can add some more information.  This can get expensive if traveling with additional adults or teenagers.  I guess if you have a large family you have to have to sites and 2 campers, MH, etc.