Today is the day! Making cinnamon rolls!

I had to schedule my gestational diabetes test this morning for mid September so I decided I need to try and make the cinnamon rolls/buns (which is the proper term?!) before I take the test incase I fail.

I'm going to try the recipe Kelly posted since the Disney recipes guards won't share their recipe.

This is what I'm going to try.

http://www.thedisneydiner.com/2011/11/main-street-bakery-magic-kingdom.html?m=1

My mom is helping me (bonus the mess will be made in her kitchen and not mine!). Brian still has my oven taken apart and hasn't ordered the part yet. I have never made anything with yeast before so hopefully I don't mess it up!

Pictures and review to follow (once we get to the store and to my mom's so it's going to be a while!)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only because I didn't think to take one lol

It sure is! My mom has a set and half of them, they were her mom's, I think. She knows she can never get rid of them, they go directly to me.

I have to fly to Philly tonight to work for a couple of days. I sure wish I didn't have a team of people I was responsible for....or I'd get your address from Aaron and come get a cinnamon roll!

I'm just over the bridge! I'll send one to work with Brian and you can find him in the city!

So the process has been started! I am only doing 1/2 the recipe because there is no way my family needs 16 extra large rolls and since I don't think I have to worry about fiends showing up this time....

This picture is pointless, I only took it so you could see the bowl :) this is the yeast and the sugar. Mimi was heating up the water (so if they don't rise, that's who I'm pointing blaim on!)

58E3DFFC-34B3-4514-A6EC-2DB220936A1B-342

Here is the dough. It's currently covered and sitting on the deck to rise. My parents keep their house pretty cool so we didn't think it would be warm enough inside.

7364F0E4-C0A6-4760-AD5C-BCCE70091FCF-342

It needs to double in size, then get lunches down and rise again before we move on.

Is your autocorrect botching things, or does your dough need to eat lunch? 

Which bridge? I am working at a craphole client's office right by the airport. I wish I was working alone this week....I'd head into Jersey for a visit. But the days won't be long enough as it is...and then there's the whole "take the team to dinner" thing. Boo!

Betsy Ross. That sucks you'll be so close! And in such a delightful area. I hope you are at least in a nice hotel. Oh and In case you haven't landed in Philly before, they have the worse landings. So freaking bumpy!!

Betsy Ross. That sucks you'll be so close! And in such a delightful area. I hope you are at least in a nice hotel. Oh and In case you haven't landed in Philly before, they have the worse landings. So freaking bumpy!!

Too many times....but not as often anymore as I used to. 

Ugh dang autocorrect!! It and the dough both need to be punched!!

Are you eating anywhere good in Philly with your work peeps?!

Will probably be working too late for anything long....but we can never get to Philly without hitting Monk's for some mussels and Belgian beer. 

Never heard of monk's. we usually go to Budakahan (probably spelled wrong) the melting pot or roast pork sandwiches at Tony Luke's.

The guys that own the company that is our client turned us on to the place a year or so ago.  It's a bar right downtown....a dive but if you like mussels they are awesome there.  And a whole bunch of beers on tap; some unique stuff. 

http://monkscafe.com/

Almost done rising.

752F4223-9B6B-4BE8-BFA7-F4A27786C42F-359

Rising went much faster in the oven. I googled and they said set your oven to the lowest temp, once it reaches it, turn it off and leave the door open for 30 seconds.

After rolling it out, slathering on the butter and cinnamon/brown sugar mixture.

CA25945E-DEB6-45E0-B034-208C183684AC-359

I can't imagine being able to manage this if you did the full recipe. We ended up with 16 rolls and that is with me cutting off the extra for Adam to play with.

These are a serious labor of love.

Dave/Aaron your wives are either going to hate me if these are awesome and you want them to make them for you or love me when I sat they aren't worth the effort and no one should attempt them.

I bet that's why the recipe is so big. I wonder if they freeze well.