• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was once asked by a local camping buddy if I was really going to pull my camper ALL OF THE WAY to Orlando from north Alabama. Like that is a really long way. I told him that I keep my camper and tru

By Jove, I think I got it! :jumpforjoy

We left Dayton, Ohio on May 3 in a 38 ft fifth wheel and have traveled 3200 miles to arrive at our home in Boerne, TX on August 1 via, Colorado, Utah, AZ, and New Mexico. We are leaving TX on Friday making the 1200 mile trek to the Fort then head back up to Ohio and KY. Heading back to TX mid Oct for the winter.

We camped from California to Pennsylvania in a used Coleman popup in 1988.

We drive down from South Jersey a couple times a year.  Enjoy yourself!  It's so nice to travel with an RV.  When you stop, you can use your own bathroom, eat your own food, sleep in your own bed!  It's so worth it have your home away from home.  

Central PA to the fort...1100 miles. We've done it several times. Were down in June and July, headed back for Halloween.

I'll agree with everyonevflse...get below Richmond, and you've got it beat.

However...I have to ask...where are you staying in Santee?

Tell me it's not the KOA...

I was once asked by a local camping buddy if I was really going to pull my camper ALL OF THE WAY to Orlando from north Alabama. Like that is a really long way. I told him that I keep my camper and truck in top shape, and I wouldn't hesitate to head out for California if it suited me.

IMO, do the maintenance and don't worry about the distance.

Our first trip with our 30ft trailer was from southern coastal NC to middle Illinois, hubs did all the driving and we took our time.  We had a 6 month old and a 2 year old so we went as far as they would let us each day.  I'll be driving solo with the kids down to Fl with a 20 ft trailer, I plan on taking two maybe three days since we will be hitting the tail end of Turkey day.

3100+ miles in 4 days....That's almost 800 miles a day. I guess you were in a hurry to get to Snow Bird land.

It was a military move. I had just got back from Korea and was moving here. My port of call was Seattle. It was myself and my black lab. I was in a hurry because my family, who I hadn't seen in a year, was already in Florida.

I was once asked by a local camping buddy if I was really going to pull my camper ALL OF THE WAY to Orlando from north Alabama. Like that is a really long way. I told him that I keep my camper and truck in top shape, and I wouldn't hesitate to head out for California if it suited me.

IMO, do the maintenance and don't worry about the distance.

We do Texas to the fort every year 1100 miles one way. Most people we know think we are crazy for taking our camper to Disney. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I am wanting to take it to Tennessee and check out Dolly wood. I have one friend that took his camper from Texas to Disney Land.

We do Texas to the fort every year 1100 miles one way. Most people we know think we are crazy for taking our camper to Disney. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I am wanting to take it to Tennessee and check out Dolly wood. I have one friend that took his camper from Texas to Disney Land.

We did Dollywood with the camper a couple years ago and may do it again next year. It was a nice trip.

I have one friend that took his camper from Texas to Disney Land.

We did that in 1977 only started in Cincinnati. Went to a Rally in Fredricksburg, then to ElPaso to see my brother, then San Diego, Anaheim and back home. Us and 3 kiddos.

Central PA to the fort...1100 miles. We've done it several times. Were down in June and July, headed back for Halloween.

I'll agree with everyonevflse...get below Richmond, and you've got it beat.

However...I have to ask...where are you staying in Santee?

Tell me it's not the KOA...

OK.  I may be opening myself up to ridicule here but we are actually staying in a hotel that night in Santee.  Just going to park on the site (after we made sure that was ok).  We used to stay there all the time on the way down and just wanted to do that again.

We did Dollywood with the camper a couple years ago and may do it again next year. It was a nice trip.

join the GG at Townsend over Memorial Day, its close to Dollywood, its the old Stone Mnt GG that has moved.

Since this is the first long haul, make sure you don't go to long.  Fatigue will make an easy haul pure torture;

"Course that's coming from a retired guy who doesn't have to cram as much Disney into a vacation as possible.

join the GG at Townsend over Memorial Day, its close to Dollywood, its the old Stone Mnt GG that has moved.

He probably wouldn't like Townsend, according to my research there are none of the amenities he's used to in the 3000 loop.

We did a mini east coast trip. So we traveled in the RV from Miami florida to St. Augustine Florida, to Myrtle Beach South Carolina, to Nantahala North Carolina(Appalachian mountains) , back down to Helen Georgia, to Panhandle of Florida and last but never least Fort Wilderness Disney. 

We basically drove eight hours or less for each location. Not bad at all. Planning on a longer trip towards the west coast, across the US.