Parents were picked for Magic Band testing

Yesterday their travel agent forwarded them an email that they had been picked to test the Magic Bands for their trip Oct 21-24 (staying at all All Star, I forget which).

Monday my mom is coming over so I can help her link up her stuff. They are very excited to try it out but mom gets all flustered setting stuff up. Not that I have ever done it either, but I'm happy to see how it goes.

I will update the thread reporting their progress and experience once they go.

So far they are most excited about not having to deal with room keys, AP, etc. if it works smoothly I think they will love the ease of tapping their wrist instead of pulling cards out for everything.

If anyone has any advice, tips, questions etc let me know. I'm trying to learn everything I can to help them get the most of the experience.

I posted on another thread that my friend Joyce was picked to try the magic band. She checks in Sunday. Her only issue so far was the email she received concerning online check in. The links in the email went to My Disney Experience... online check in was no place to be found. She ended up going to the home page and getting to her reservation from here. We both thought that the links in the online check in email should have gone directly to online check in.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like no magic band testing for them. My dad got notice for jury duty the day their trip starts. They needed to renew their AP because they expire before their trip but now with this jury duty possibility they aren't going to renew their AP's because if he has to serve, they won't be going to Disney until Feb or march so they don't want to waste time on their pass. Hopefully he won't get called, they are really looking forward to F&W, HDDR and mom was excited about sporting her Halloween FF shirt. Even planned she would wear it on Hoop Dee Doo Day in hopes of finding fiends at the fort.

Maybe he can call and explain that he will be out of town and unavailable to serve? They could put his name back in the pool. Surely, there has to be some accommodation for folks who have already made reservations etc.

That's what I did this summer, at first they seemed like they were not going to let me do that but then she just asked me how about a time in Sept. and all was good, hope he can switch it. Another thing  I know in Pa after a certain age( not sure what age) you no longer have to serve.

I always tell them I would be great on a jury because I can tell if someone is guilty or not just by looking at them. I have never gotten a chance to prove it though.

If they do get to go they will still need to carry their APs to get discounts. I don't know why the system still requires it but it does. Plus you can use your APs to get paper FPs. So still carry the APs and photo ID.

Lol Memphis!

My dad may get called to show up but I'm %100 sure he would never get picked.

He's not going to try and postpone it because he gets wants to get it done.

Ironically, my grandmother who has been dead for 4 years got called for jury duty a few months ago. I don't think she showed up :P