Happy Fall Y'all! TCD's September 2013 Not So Scary TR

Is any character doing a meet n greet there now?

Depends on where you are talking about.

Ms White used to meet at the tree just outside the Town Square Theater. She then moved to the area between City Hall and Chamber of Commerce. Then to Fairytale Hall.

Now, during parties, Jack and Sally meet between City Hall and Chamber of Commerce, Lotso meets by the tree, and Jafar meets by the store exit in the TST.

During normal days, Pluto and Marie meet by the flag pole, Marry Poppins meets by the tree, and that is it.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you will still have 3 very expensive princess dresses to buy. And the color is white.

Lol. Only a southerner knows what "bless your heart..." Really means.

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back. 

Apple-munching Whack Job meet and greet location. 

Should have known.

I don't remember this at all- she was outside, next to Town Square Theater?

She no longer meets there. She was moved to another location in the park. She now meets with her friend Rapunzel in Fairytale hall.

So, it no longer SMBs there.

So Snow White is always with Rapunzel?  I thought the plan was to rotate the visiting princesses?

Ha ha ha. No . No clone here. It's more of an in honor of him. By the way where did he go

Lou didn't go anywhere.  He is sulking about something I guess and doesn't want to come out to play anymore.  Hopefully, it's just a phase he's going through.  I miss him.  You're funny and all, but there's only one Lou.  Thank God.

Oh right, that makes sense.  

So I guess Fairytale Hall SMB now.  Which is fitting, considering that building has been cursed since the day it was built.

Such hate.

Let it go old man.

Is any character doing a meet n greet there now?

Depends on where you are talking about.

Ms White used to meet at the tree just outside the Town Square Theater. She then moved to the area between City Hall and Chamber of Commerce. Then to Fairytale Hall.

Now, during parties, Jack and Sally meet between City Hall and Chamber of Commerce, Lotso meets by the tree, and Jafar meets by the store exit in the TST.

During normal days, Pluto and Marie meet by the flag pole, Marry Poppins meets by the tree, and that is it.

I know Santa will soon be setting up shop there in the space between City Hall and the Chamber of Commerce, but is there a regular meet and greet there during the non-holiday times?

TCD

It's time to move on, but there was something I forgot to mention in the last update that was important.

Something has changed at Space Mountain.

Space Mountain has been closed for several day stretches over the past month or so.

Apparently, they were installing some kind of braking mechanism.

You can feel the rocket being slowed by brakes at various points along the track.  It's not bad like the brakes they put on the Primeval Whirl coaster at AK.  The braking is smooth.

The result is a much, much smoother ride.  Much less shaking and rattling.  Maybe a little slower, but for the smoother ride, I'll take it. 

TCD

Oh my goodness. You weren't kidding!

That is hilarious!

You're the devil, all right…….hehehe

That was a big leap for your Catholic parents to allow you to dress as the devil.

My brother wore that very Casper mask in the Internet photo.  And all of the others look very familiar.  Planet of the Apes cracks me up.

Just curious.....is that Planet of the Apes or one of the greatest TV shows ever....

Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp

lancelot_link.jpg

Just curious.....is that Planet of the Apes or one of the greatest TV shows ever....

Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp

lancelot_link.jpg

That's a good point.  But, the kid in that photo doesn't have a hat on his monkey mask.  Nor a trenchcoat.

Plus that show didn't come out until 1970.  That photo looks more like the 60's.

So, I say Planet of the Apes.

I miss the great television shows we had when we were kids.  None of this reality TV stuff that we have now.

Give me a crime solving monkey any day.

TCD

It's time to move on, but there was something I forgot to mention in the last update that was important.

Something has changed at Space Mountain.

Space Mountain has been closed for several day stretches over the past month or so.

Apparently, they were installing some kind of braking mechanism.

You can feel the rocket being slowed by brakes at various points along the track.  It's not bad like the brakes they put on the Primeval Whirl coaster at AK.  The braking is smooth.

The result is a much, much smoother ride.  Much less shaking and rattling.  Maybe a little slower, but for the smoother ride, I'll take it. 

TCD

So that's why I almost really enjoyed my ride on Space this trip...

I still have 2 pages to read, but I'm going to make some comments before I forget.

First, Z had his fall festival at school Friday night. The kids dress in costumes. Guess what one girl was dressed as.... Ursula! I tried to get him to pose with her so I could get a picture, but he wouldn't. Z is NOT a fan of Ursula. When we watch the movie, he hides his eyes when she sings.

I think the reason that FP+ hasn't totally screwed up MK return times is because there are so many more attractions. Groups of just adults or adults with teens are going thrill rides, families with young kids are picking characters and FL rides, etc.

Starbucks. Traitor.

I still have 2 pages to read, but I'm going to make some comments before I forget.

First, Z had his fall festival at school Friday night. The kids dress in costumes. Guess what one girl was dressed as.... Ursula! I tried to get him to pose with her so I could get a picture, but he wouldn't. Z is NOT a fan of Ursula. When we watch the movie, he hides his eyes when she sings.

I think the reason that FP+ hasn't totally screwed up MK return times is because there are so many more attractions. Groups of just adults or adults with teens are going thrill rides, families with young kids are picking characters and FL rides, etc.

Starbucks. Traitor.

Z is a smart man.  Nobody should get anywhere near Ursula.  She's bad.

I think you're right about FP+ and the MK.  The other parks simply don't have enough major attractions to spread guests out, and it's going to be a problem.  If people can pick three FP+'s at Epcot, you know that most of them will pick Test Track and Soarin' as two of the three.  This will be an ongoing problem there, and also at DHS and AK too.

I know I'm a traitor.  I fell kind of bad about it too.  We need that Starbucks to go out of business or there's no chance that the MSB Cinnamon Rolls will come back.

TCD

That's a good point.  But, the kid in that photo doesn't have a hat on his monkey mask.  Nor a trenchcoat.

Plus that show didn't come out until 1970.  That photo looks more like the 60's.

So, I say Planet of the Apes.

I miss the great television shows we had when we were kids.  None of this reality TV stuff that we have now.

Give me a crime solving monkey any day.

TCD

I agree....just try to never miss a chance to bring up forgotten TV shows. Next up.... Clutch Cargo

clutch.jpg

Let's get to this next update.

In case you're wondering how much more of this you have to endure, I just looked in my bucket of photos, and it looks like I only have enough for two more updates.  This one and one more, and then the bucket will be empty.  So, you're almost there.

This update will be 30 photos from the beginning of the October 20th Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.  I didn't know for sure at the time, but I suspected that this would be the last one we got to enjoy for the season.  And I was right.

I know that fellow Fiend Starbuc71 was actually at this very party with his family, so maybe there will be some more photos for you to enjoy in his currently being written trip report.

Or who knows, one of the Fiends currently at the Fort may come back with some great photos to share.

But, these right here are the last MNSSHP photos you will be seeing from me this year.  So savor them.

Over there, you will see Miss Piggy accompanied by a man in a fez.  I don't recall a fez wearing Muppet, so I'm not sure who the dude is:

102013296_zps8dadce00.jpg

Here comes another group of Despicable Me costumes.  Take that stuff to Universal, people:

102013298_zps35c0d3bf.jpg

Pay attention to these next few photos-I'm not sure what's going on here.  In this one, just to the left, you will see a guy in a graduation cap, wearing a man's suit, and one of those blue body costumes:

102013299_zpsc30d07b5.jpg

Here's that same graduation cap guy- he seems to be with the people in costume right in front of him:

102013300_zps41ec722f.jpg

One more look at the graduation cap guy's posse- the guy traveling with him also has a fez and a black suit- is this something?:

102013301_zps38dafdb5.jpg

Here's a photo fail.  A group was coming in and we saw that the guy was dressed as a man depicted in one of the portraits in the Haunted Mansion's stretching room.  You can't see her, but behind him, there's a young lady dressed as the woman who has an umbrella and is on a tight rope in one of the portraits in the stretching room.  I don't think the girl in green matches up with one of the portraits.  But, I salute these folks on having a great idea and executing it well:

102013302_zpsc6aa994d.jpg

The reason that I didn't get a better photo of the Haunted Mansion people is that the group that this lady is photographing was standing in front of me.  Check out the Sleeping Beauty tat on that lady's arm and the fanny pack.  When's the last time you saw a fanny pack? Or a Sleeping Beauty tat?:

102013303_zps1ac43654.jpg

These crayon people get a fail because their hats are too small.  That is not how it's done.  I have a photo to share after this batch where I'll show how the hats should look:

102013305_zps5b4ff88f.jpg

Oh brother, another Despicable Me group, and for some unknown reason, they have a Mr. Potato Head along.  Look, I get it that you have a Mr. Potato Head costume and you're proud of it, but you're ruining your group's mojo dude:

102013307_zpseb70d7c6.jpg

102013308_zps6427124e.jpg

Hey, Star Wars geeks, I've got something for you.  Look, it's Han, Leia and Little Red Riding Hood:

102013309_zps66a4c21c.jpg

I don't remember which movie Little Red Riding Hood was in.  Was it the one with the Ewoks?  Or Jar Jar Binks?

As a special reward for the geeks who solved the mystery of the wooden box in the Land pavilion, here's a close up of Han:

102013310_zpse2cd76bd.jpg

Now here's a job well done.  it's Huey, Dewey and Louie:

102013311_zpsc08ce06e.jpg

What's wrong with that?

Way better than dressing up like characters from some obscure video game.  Or those yellow Despicable Me things.

What's this?  Alice in Wonderland?:

102013312_zps9531c898.jpg

Here's an Incredibles family followed by another Peter Pan family.  In this one, the dad chose to be Mr. Smee instead of that weird boy in the nightgown.  Better choice:

102013313_zps7aa701f3.jpg

Wendy was heading off somewhere, and there's a group of pirates to the left:

102013314_zps69517846.jpg

I had more guests blocking me when I tried to get some photos of this next awesome costume combo, but I think you can see what's happening.  Check out the guy pushing the wheelchair- it's Dreamfinder and Figment:

102013316_zpsf2a804c9.jpg

102013317_zps7d2a665f.jpg

Now we have a man in a giant rabbit costume:

102013318_zps9f247d20.jpg

There must have been an interesting costume coming in, but these ding dongs had to stop and look at their map right in front of me:

102013319_zps3a46d565.jpg

Look over there- a guy in a pumpkin shirt, and that girl from Harry Potter- they need to take that to Universal also.  If I was in charge, this would not be allowed. If you want to dress like some Universal character go there:

102013320_zpsdd97f8fd.jpg

Look at the guy here with the baby strapped to his chest- that thing was some kind of puppet that he could make move.  Creepy:

102013321_zpsae57eb6c.jpg

Here the guy is showing his creepy baby to that kid dressed up like one of the Boston Red Sox players:

102013322_zpsfa55788f.jpg

Here comes another group dressed up like video game characters- this time it's the Mario Brothers.  At least I've heard of them, but still if I was in charge, I wouldn't let them in:

102013323_zps88bffe0d.jpg

Here comes a whole family dressed as Avenger characters.  Disney owns that, so no problem, come on in- look they even have the Hulk:

102013324_zps3b782fcf.jpg

Hey did you get a load of the size of that guy's backpack in that last photo?  What the heck does he have in there?  Is he on his way to climb Mount Everest or something?  Who needs all that stuff?

One more look at the Avenger family:

102013325_zpsebdb2cf0.jpg

Here we have a Native American couple.  The squaw apparently is ready for the parade- she's already picking her seat:

102013326_zps30d95c3e.jpg

I hope there's at least one person reading this stuff.  I'm trying hard here people. She is literally picking her seat, get it?

I don't believe it- another Despicable Me group.  What is with people these days?  You're at Disney.  Get some Disney costumes:

102013327_zps4230a5e8.jpg

I didn't get this next couple until Twin #1 pointed out that it's Mike and Sully.  The lady is wearing a Sully dress.  And leggings.  Wow:

102013328_zpsb9a9ea47.jpg

I didn't really want to leave.

But we had to get on our way.

So, we headed out.

We saw this group of super heroes posing near the entrance:

102013331_zps21fd65b9.jpg

What a mess.  They have Avengers and random super heroes who are not Avengers.  And a girl in a Robin costume.  No.  Bat Girl maybe. But not Robin girl.

Well I hope you savored those like I told you to.

Because that's all the MNSSHP photos that I now or will ever have from 2013.

Next up, we take a boat to the Fort.

And we will wrap up this report once and for all.

If you're a lurker who has always wanted to post a comment on a TCD TR, this is your chance to do so.  But you'd better hurry.

TCD

They might be able to fix the FP+ situation a little by adding some unique meet and greets to the other parks. I would forgo a ride for Z to meet Captain Hook because he's always wanted to and there isn't a place to meet him regularly.

I enjoy the party pics and your commentary, seat picking and all.

I feel bad that I've been a little hard on the Star Wars Geeks.

So as a special reward for those who helped to translate the wooden box, here you go:

leia3_zps59afdf6b.jpg

I think Dave and Aaron may like that photo too, since her buns look like Main Street Cinnamon Rolls.  And, I'm talking about the buns on her head, Dave.

Also, I remember that FWG likes the Princess, although I think he prefers the slave outfit.

TCD

Should have known.

I don't remember this at all- she was outside, next to Town Square Theater?

She use to meet by the tree outside Tony's. She did this when Santa came out for Christmas time too.

So Snow White is always with Rapunzel?  I thought the plan was to rotate the visiting princesses?

They move them around from time to time, but she has been in there for a bit now. It is still not guaranteed she will be there. She does not have an alternate meet area unless they move her back to her old area.

I know Santa will soon be setting up shop there in the space between City Hall and the Chamber of Commerce, but is there a regular meet and greet there during the non-holiday times?

Nothing planned for now. Im sure when a new movie comes out they will put them there.

TCD

The haunted mansion people were actually part of a group that dressed as the pictures from there. The tight rope girl had an alligator and everything. They were very well done.

I feel bad that I've been a little hard on the Star Wars Geeks.

So as a special reward for those who helped to translate the wooden box, here you go:

leia3_zps59afdf6b.jpg

I think Dave and Aaron may like that photo too, since her buns look like Main Street Cinnamon Rolls.  And, I'm talking about the buns on her head, Dave.

Also, I remember that FWG likes the Princess, although I think he prefers the slave outfit.

TCD

I'm keeping my mouth shut. 

I agree....just try to never miss a chance to bring up forgotten TV shows. Next up.... Clutch Cargo

clutch.jpg

I had to Google.  Never heard of Clutch Cargo.  Now I have a great idea for the TCD Gang's Halloween party costumes for next year.

I'm not sure but I think I saw a muppet movie or a tv show were Kermit was wearing a fez.

Great costume pix.

And yes I got the picking her seat.

If that guy was supposed to be Kermit, he needed to mix in a little green.

Glad someone got the joke.

They might be able to fix the FP+ situation a little by adding some unique meet and greets to the other parks. I would forgo a ride for Z to meet Captain Hook because he's always wanted to and there isn't a place to meet him regularly.

I enjoy the party pics and your commentary, seat picking and all.

Now there's a good idea.  From what I read on that other thread that you started about the meet and greets, it looks like they just have common characters available.  I understand why they are doing that- they know guests want to meet Minnie Mouse. All in all, there probably aren't a lot who want to meet Captain Hook.

The haunted mansion people were actually part of a group that dressed as the pictures from there. The tight rope girl had an alligator and everything. They were very well done.

I wish I could have seen the whole group.  That was a clever idea.  Twin #1 got it right away just from seeing the guy.  I didn't get it until I saw the girl with the umbrella.

I'm keeping my mouth shut. 

Somebody write this down!

It's definitely a first!

I thought it was because i was in the front cart front seat instead of the back.... good to know.

I didn't realize that the Space Mountain ride was that much smoother until after we went through that red tunnel at the end.  I always brace myself there for the final jolt, and it never came.  It was so much more enjoyable for me not having to worry about coming out of there with a hurt back.

I got your picking her seat.  We saw a lot of crayon people at our MNSSHP.  I have to admit... I love the minions...in the movies.  I know a certain Fiend that wears a fanny pack into the parks... but i am protecting said fiends identity.

I am ambivalent toward minions.  I've never seen any of the Despicable Me movies, and have no plans to.  My girls have watched them.  They said they're OK. 

I'll bet if I go back and look at one of your earlier trip reports, I'll find the Fiend with the fanny pack.  I think they might be making a comeback.

Okay I laughed at the squaw picking her seat. My family thinks I'm nuts when I laugh looking at the iPad. I also scoured the picture for the boy dressed as the Red Sox player, then I found him. Funny stuff! Go Sox!!

Good job.

I guess that kid dressed as the Red Sox player is happy this morning.

I'm pretty sure the first Fez wearer was supposed to be Doctor Who. Fez's are cool!

Great report! Thanks for the bonus content.

Dr. Who.  That is probably it.  Is there a blue guy in a graduation cap in that show too?  I tried to watch that show once.  I only lasted a few minutes. Like less than 5.

TCD

28 pages.

That's enough.

So, this is the last batch of photos for this one.

We left the Magic Kingdom via the Fort Wilderness boat.  If you remember, I began this bonus day at the Fort at sunrise, so it's only fitting that I'm now heading back there as the sun sinks toward the west:

102013332_zps8f90daa5.jpg

I love the Magic Kingdom/Fort Wilderness boat ride.  I love the familiar sights along the way.

I always enjoy cruising across the water bridge:

102013334_zpsdec6990e.jpg

The monorail cruised right over our heads:

102013336_zps339f2fe2.jpg

Wilderness Lodge:

102013337_zpsd4db40cf.jpg

The rotting remains of the once great River Country:

102013339_zps0fcab6bc.jpg

The shoe tree is over there by that striped pole:

102013341_zps76032275.jpg

A closer look at the shoe tree-just to the left of the striped pole:

102013342_zps0413f86e.jpg

Take a closer look at this fall's crop of shoes:

shoetree1_zpsa47ae7e4.jpg

And finally, there's the Fort.  It's still cloudy, but it never did rain all day:

102013344_zps36530bf9.jpg

Full steam ahead!:

102013346_zps9c97cd6a.jpg

It is 6:10 pm as we make our approach.  I can see that there is a long line of guests waiting on the dock.  That's a combination of the early Hoop Dee Doo show having let out plus the Halloween party at the MK.  There aren't usually crowds like this on a Sunday evening:

102013347_zpsc63739ee.jpg

Getting closer:

102013348_zpsd1604b92.jpg

The clouds were going to block a clear view of the setting sun.  But clouds aren't always a bad thing:

102013351_zpsc1c6dba6.jpg

102013352_zps2b38fbe8.jpg

We docked, and disembarked.  Here's the line of folks hoping to get on the boat.  These folks at the end are going to be disappointed, I'm afraid:

102013353_zpsd475fa2e.jpg

No matter how many times I have arrived at the Settlement via boat, I always enjoy walking through this area.  There's no place like the Fort:

102013354_zpse9c8002b.jpg

We ate our chicken right here next to Minnie Mouse and someone's grandpa:

102013355_zps09d08d30.jpg

As we did our best to make the chicken disappear, we enjoyed the happy sounds of kids playing on the playground:

102013356_zps99d101bf.jpg

102013357_zps66294ce3.jpg

Since it was just the two of us, we had a whole bucket of chicken left.  I let Twin #1 take that back with her to Gainesville.  She and her roommate had a couple meals out of that .

That's all the pictures I have.

We headed back to our cars and I headed home, and Twin #1 went back the Gainesville.

When I started this report, I didn't realize it would take me most of the Fall to get it done.

But it did.

So have a Happy Halloween, and enjoy the rest of your Fall Y'all.

That's all I got.

There ain't no more.

TCD