Hello, we are fairly new to camping with a travel trailer. So far every place we've camped we have not had any trouble with the sewer connector/seal not fitting into the campsite sewer drain. We stayed at FW in loop 400 last month with no trouble, but this past week we stayed at site 105 and the sewer drain hole was too small for our connector that is supposed to screw into it. I tried the one at the empty site next to us and it fit there. Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there an adaptor or something we need in case we end up at another site like that sometime? I thought they were all a standard size? Thanks for any advice!

Just two possible solutions.

Actually I have a similar set up as Dave, except mine is probably better.

if you have the red one that screws in like I do, it has a very long tube on it below the threads, some places use a 3 inch adapter or reducer as the first connection below ground. when that is the case, the tube below the threads is too big to fit, I cut my tube off to a length that fits these adapter/reducers thus never having the problem again......so far.

another thing you can do is buy a 4 inch threaded adapter to 3 inch thread and use it to give you the length you need, at the fort they will work well because the drains are pretty much below ground in the tubs.

Thanks everyone for all the great replies!  And I have to say I love the Christmas Vacation picture. We quote Cousin Eddy all year long and now that we have an RV, we love to quote him even more!

We do have the red sewer hose that screws in (I see so many of this same sewer hose at every campground we've been to so I thought it was pretty standard), and it seems like the problem was exactly as Bob described, the long tube below the threads would not fit into the drain. I was looking on Amazon for some kind of adaptor to fit onto this long tube in case we run into this again.  I'm not sure what to look for though.  I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39144-Easy-Elbow-Adapter/dp/B000BQWHDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380936458&sr=8-1&keywords=rv+sewer+adapter

.  Would that work?

don't bother spending a load of $ on diff stuff, go to Lowes or Home Depot and find what you need in the plumbing section for $3, take the piece with you (soak it in bleach water first).