Hi everyone!

I just recently got engaged on September 11th when Chris my now fiancé, and I were having our 3 years of dating anniversary trip to Disney would. We had gone to California Grill for dinner and he proposed to me after we were all done eating.

Anyways we are trying to plan a wedding at one of the downtown Disney hotels for November 7th 2014. I think i'm in-between Whyndham and Best Western.

My question is I am thinking of doing like a dessert party the night before the wedding. I was thinking about doing it at the fort so that way we could supply everything. and then maybe do a hayride after. Any Ideas on how I can pull this off nicely?

Any other ideas about the wedding are more then welcome as well. It is a fall country rustic theme. The groom and his groomsmen will be in jeans and my bridesmaids will be in knee length dresses and boots.

Backwoods boy meets fairytale princess kind of wedding!

Thanks in advance!!!!  :hugsmiley:

The best way would be to reserve a site and instead of parking a camper there, you set up the party. Throwing an unsanctioned party on Disney property is frowned upon and could turn out bad. As a "guest", you could do what ever you wanted at your site. Then everyone could mosey down to the beach to watch the fireworks or take that hayride. You could contact the management at the Fort and pose this question to them. But I fear they will make you pay some way.

There is also the Wishes Dessert party at the MK. If your party isn't to large you could book that or do one of the fireworks cruises and take a dessert picnic with you. Again, I don't know your budget or party size so just shooting in the dark.

For 30 people, I would do what Devores is describing and try to get a site or two next to your future in-laws just for the party. You could set up food and tables on the site. If they're getting a premium site, you'd have room and it won't cost you much compared to renting a venue.

I'm not sure how many people the wagon holds though. That might be an issue.

Congrats.

We've stayed at the wyndham bonnet creek. It is beautiful. Check on line, eBay etc. I've seen two bed condos renting for less than $800 for a week. And we got a room facing Epcot and were able to watch the fireworks every night. Also I think I remember something about a wedding when I was there. Congrats again.