I'm tired of marshmallows, how do you like your hotdog

Does anyone still have white hots? I remember as a kid in NY we used to go to a hot dog joint for white hot dogs, but haven't seen them since. Maybe a northern thing?

maybe an east coast thing? I've never heard of them.

I stole this definition.

The white hot is a variation on the hot dog found in Rochester, New York, and the upstate area.[1] It is composed of some combination of uncured and unsmoked pork, beef, and veal; the lack of smoking or curing allows the meat to retain a naturally white color.[2] White hots usually contain mustard and other spices, and often include a dairy component such as nonfat dry milk.

The white hot originated in the 1920s[citation needed] in Rochester's German community as a "white and porky"[1] alternative to high-price red hot dogs, made of the less desirable meat parts and various fillers; in contrast, modern versions are made from quality meats and generally are sold at higher prices than common hot dogs.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Cow! Thanks Rick, I was born in Palmyra which is about 45 minutes from Rochester, so that explains a lot. I do remember them being more expensive than the red ones. I figured it was because they were more natural (without the coloring) I'll have to call Dad and see if he can still find them. Thanks again for the hot dog lesson! :D

I am reading this thread thinking it's one of those wacky Facebook things where how you like your hotdog is somehow related to intrapersonal bedroom activities.

Conclusion: You're all perverts.

:rofl2: "I'm a pervert, he's a pervert, she's a pervert, wouldn't you like to be a pervert too!!!"

Hebrew National, Chili, slaw, onions.    :D

Koegel's Viennas best hotdogs in the world :'(

I love me some Koegels skinless frankfurters, boiled with mustard, ketchup and relish. I also like their garlic ring bologna with hard cheddar on a ritz !

I am reading this thread thinking it's one of those wacky Facebook things where how you like your hotdog is somehow related to intrapersonal bedroom activities.

An intrapersonal bedroom activity director is a pervert with an education.  :'(

An intrapersonal bedroom activity director is a pervert with an education.  :D

Or an interesting job...

intrapersonal bedroom activity director = adult film director  :'(

I like a Deutschmacher hot dog grilled buried in Wickle relish. Wickle relish is a gift from heaven.

Ok....  I'll bite.  What is a Wickle???

The easiest way to describe them is spicy but not really.  If you try them you will be addicted for sure. They are after all wickedly delicious. You can find them at any grocery story. http://www.simsfoods.com/products/wickles-relish.html

If you look at my avatar, you would think that I like them small, brown and fuzzy.  ;D

Sorry...  Couldn't resist!  :rofl2:

UH.....maybe Bruce could throw cold water on himself, tan naked and quit shaving! :rofl2:

Does anyone still have white hots? I remember as a kid in NY we used to go to a hot dog joint for white hot dogs, but haven't seen them since. Maybe a northern thing?

maybe an east coast thing? I've never heard of them.

I stole this definition.

The white hot is a variation on the hot dog found in Rochester, New York, and the upstate area.[1] It is composed of some combination of uncured and unsmoked pork, beef, and veal; the lack of smoking or curing allows the meat to retain a naturally white color.[2] White hots usually contain mustard and other spices, and often include a dairy component such as nonfat dry milk.

The white hot originated in the 1920s[citation needed] in Rochester's German community as a "white and porky"[1] alternative to high-price red hot dogs, made of the less desirable meat parts and various fillers; in contrast, modern versions are made from quality meats and generally are sold at higher prices than common hot dogs.

I grew up with white hots.  Of course, that was in Western NY, so it makes sense.  Used to really enjoy them.