December 21 through January 4, 2014, Tortuga Tavern - normally a quick service location in Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom - will be serving an all-you-care-to-enjoy dinner buffet. 

Billed as having "island flavors," offerings will include

Soup & Salads

• Ocean Harvest Chowder with Crackers
  • Lush Garden Greens with Lite Vinaigrette, Black Pearl Balsamic Dressing, or Ranch
  • Gulf-grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
  • Shipwrecked Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Salad  

Entrées

• Treasures of Macaroni & Cheese
  • Rosemary-Garlic Pork Steamship
  • Cannonball Meatballs with Marinara and Parmesan
  • Banana Leaf-baked Mahi with Gold Coast Mango Chutney
  • Barbosa's Braised Beef with Julienne Carrots, Celery, and Pearl Onions
  • Captain Jack's Chicken Breast with Lemon and Parsley  

Sides

• Sea Salted Green Beans
  • Caribbean-spiced Sweet Potato Wedges
  • Assorted Rolls with Butter  

Desserts

• Rice Crispy Bon Bons
  • Mickey Brownies
  • Assorted Éclairs
  • No Sugar Added Lemon Cookies
  • Assorted Cup Cakes
  • Fresh Fruit Salad

Cost: $35.99 for adults and $17.99 for children.

Reservations can be made now and the buffet will qualify for the Disney Dining Plan as one Table Service credit.

I know it's a MK location, but that seems pricey for two reasons. 

1.  No characters. 

2.  More importantly...no "high priced" entrees.  All those choices are Golden Corral-ish.  No carved meat, prime ribs or steaks, or good seafood (mahi is farm raised garbage). 

I'm not a snotty eater....I'm just as happy with burgers as anything.  But I don't like being overcharged for meatballs, mac n cheese and rice crispie treats. 

It looks like they're trying to alleviate some of the Christmas week dining crush with this, and at the same time take advantage of the increased "holiday pricing" at many of the TS locations.

Holiday pricing at Crystal palace is approx. $43 for adults and $21 for kids.  Minus the characters, that puts this in the ballpark, albeit a pretty darned pricey ballpark.

It looks like they're trying to alleviate some of the Christmas week dining crush with this, and at the same time take advantage of the increased "holiday pricing" at many of the TS locations.

Holiday pricing at Crystal palace is approx. $43 for adults and $21 for kids.  Minus the characters, that puts this in the ballpark, albeit a pretty darned pricey ballpark.

But...unless CP has gone down hill since I last dined there, they had a carving station, lots of great shellfish including mussels, a huge kids buffet, since really great hot dishes with a French flair....it was very nice.  I agree with Carol; this sounds like they are carting over a selection of foods from other kitchens.  But, they will fill the place up I am sure. 

Great descriptions though for ordinary food.

Marketing!!

But...unless CP has gone down hill since I last dined there, they had a carving station, lots of great shellfish including mussels, a huge kids buffet, since really great hot dishes with a French flair....it was very nice.  I agree with Carol; this sounds like they are carting over a selection of foods from other kitchens.  But, they will fill the place up I am sure. 

Agreed this doesn't sound even close to what CP offers.  Also agree they'll be jammed full.

• 3 weeks later...