At Jason's request, we are headed to Biergarten during our January trip. I was reading easywdw's recent review of it, and I was surprised that the shows are 25 minutes but spaced pretty far apart. He says they have one at 5:45, 7:00, and 8:15. We have a 6:50 ADR (and 12:45 lunch ADR elsewhere), so we'll be seated just as one is starting. I'm not sure that's ideal, as we'll be wanting to get up for food. I can push our ADR back to 7:30 or 7:45, but is that cutting it too close to Illuminations? I know I'm probably over thinking this and that Lou is laughing at me RIGHT NOW. Can you see the show where you get the food and it's not really a big deal? 

PS- The pretzel bread and cheese soup better be good because nothing else on the menu except the large beers looks appealing to me. I'm such a good wife. 

We go there every trip. My favorite. DWs second favorite. I never pay attention to the show times. Actually i never knew tjere were show times. We usually see the end of one show and the all off the next show. Or all of one show and part or all of the next show.

Biergarten is not a restaurant that you want rush thru your meal. Sit back relax. Order a beer, go get an appetizer, order another beer, enjoy the show, get more food, order another beer, get dessert, order another beer. Pay bill and crawl out.

Birrgarten has a good selection of entrees. From rotisserie chicken, weiner schnitzel (breaded pork chops). Salmon, pretzel rolls are awesome.

Soup. Try not to eat it. Need to save room for all the wurst (sausage).

And my two favorite things. Roulades ( thin sliced steak w/mustard, onions, and BACON rolled up and cooked in a gravy). and sauerbraten. (Germany Pot roast with a slight sour, vinager taste to it).

I'm sure you'll find somehting you like.

Trust me. I'm half German.

An did I mention they have beer?

When we were there the shows were not that spaced.  I don't think I'd worry about it.  And I also have a feeling that there are a lot of dishes that don't sound appealing to you but that you will be Googling recipes for afterward.  Seriously.  Good stuff.  And it makes sense if you use DITEFFS.....the DIT Ethnic Food Fitness Scale.  What?  Never heard of DITEFFS?  Well, it's quite simple.  To determine how delicious and tasty a culture's food is, you simply take the inverse of that society's overall fitness level (fat vs skinny) against the deliciousness of the food.  I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but it's true.  The more delicious a country's food is, the more fit the citizens are.  

Take China.  Yummy food.  And have you ever seen a fat Chinese person that didn't live in the US?  And Italy.  Awesome cuisine.  And very fit people.  France is likewise noted for its rich, delicious food and rich, delicious people.  Germany is not to that level, but does quite well.  Look at all those buff Olympians.  They live on saurbraten.  On the opposite end....take Britain.  The cuisine isn't fit for a cow.  And half the population coincidentally resembles cows.  And Mexico.  The food is kind of tasty but equally gross, like a wet gloppy mess on your plate covered in sauce.  And the population of Mexico is kinda hefty, wet and gloppy.  

So, in any case, I think you'll enjoy Biergarten.  Take pictures.  

You may not have this problem in Jan., but I thought i'd add my experience from last summer... Our ADR was for about 10 minutes before a showtime. Well, it turns out that nobody wants to leave while the show is going, so no tables were opening up, and all the ADRs were running late. We were eventually seated about 45 minutes after our ADR time...

Food was good once we finally got in :-)

--Paul

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk