We made it! (Previously stranded in Houston)

Take a look at my previous Stuck in Houston thread here.  We decided to leave the truck at another mechanic and we rent another vehicle to get down here.  We then rented from Cruise America.  We are in site 906.  We can't pick up the RV until 2pm, so we're just sitting around waiting.  I had to leave a lot of stuff in my fifth wheel in Houston including the threaded rods and zip ties needed to put my sign up.  Anyone have any suggestions to hang my fiend sign with limited (none) tools?

Stop by and see us.

Hi Dave, Glad you made it.  About the sign.  Drive up and down SR 192 through Kissimmee and you will notice little signs along the side of the road advertising all manner of stuff and services.  When you see one tha advertises a politician or a job that you can work in your home you can do a public service and clean that part of the road way by taking the wire frame that holds the sign up and then recycle it by using it to hold your sign up.  You can do what you want with the sign because they are all illegal anyway.

I'm really glad you did make it to the Fort if it was in the manner that you were forced to choose.  I really feel for you on the bad luck that you had with your truck.  My son is a diesel mechanic and I know first hand about the sorry work that you can get at many shops and my son tells me that the 6.0 is one of the main engines that a marginal mechanic can screw up in a minute.  Most dealers, at least in the areas that I am familiar with, don't have very well trained diesel mechanics, some in this area don't have one that is dedicated to their shop and must share a mechanic that will work at one shop for a week and then another for a week.  I have watched my son repair diesels that have been taken to numerous dealers and other shops only to end up coming to him for repair, and by that time he must repair what they have done and then fix the original problem.

I really hope the shop you left it with has a good, certified diesel mechanic, I know how much trouble one can have if not.

Glad you made it. What happed to you was always a big fear of mine when I had my 6.0. I don't think I would have thought about renting from cruise America. I had looked for a place that rented 1 ton trucks before and never really could find one very easy.

My uncle has an 04 F260 with the 6.0 and he just spent $5,400 on his. Luckily we have a guy in JAX who is very good at fixing that issue. The truck only has 75000 miles on it. He pulls his 20' fishing boat with it. Never even seen more than 5k lbs behind it.

Usually the dealer wants to go right back to putting on a new egr cooler. I'm glad I didn't buy one of these. I almost traded my 04. dura ax for one in 08. My duramax has 386k miles on it now. I somehow doubt that truck would've ever done that. I'm unfortunately going to have to get another truck as mine is not pulling like it used to and I know one day she's gonna let go. Chevy has priced me out so I'm gonna try a new Dodge with a Cummins. Hope it gives me what my Chevy did.

Got a call from the new mechanic. Dealership mechanic failed to tighten a hose. That's all it was. That loose hose cost me at least $2500 on top of the $2600 I spent on the new egr cooler.

sigh.....

I think I would try to get some money back from the dealer. Enjoy your trip.